Water
This is my neighbor's tree but it reminded me that I'd best give my evergreens a drinkie. Mine are firs and they are growing around and over underground creeks but they are showing some brown too. We haven't seen any rain in for awhile and fires can break out in a town just like in them thar hills. Turned the hose on and discovered it's ancient and leaking and mostly watering the house foundation. I got in my trusty van muttering all the way, it's 96°F right now. Mad dogs etc. Fortunately being late in the season I found what I wanted on sale whoopee! Plus a new bra, don't you buy bras in the same place you buy hoses? I also found the main thoroughfare to the hose and bra emporium is ripped to shreds for resurfacing. I knew that; I forgot. I'll start watering when it gets dark. Tomorrow is supposed to be 85°F much better but I will rise at the crack of dawn anyway to water some more.
I have a new insurance carrier which took $400 off my bill. I read the coverage and called the agent back and started cancelling stuff. Canceled the PIP, which I discovered is actually mandatory in some states but not Washington. Lowered my liability insurance, took in my AARP driving course certificate. Found a duplication of coverage. That will take some more off. Who knows what I may find when all the paperwork shows up. Meanwhile I'm still getting estimates. I'm also using the State of Washington's evaluation of various insurance companies Washington Insurance Commissioner no point in picking up someone who is slow pay or no-pay.And I got a bus schedule. One of these days I could be van-less. Funny how much better I feel when I get up and do something about the stuff that bugs me.


5 Comments:
Dang that's a heck of an insurance discount!! Wow. I may need to switch. Who's it with? Oh, and I wish I could have given you some of our rain last weekend :)
It's comforting to know that I'm not alone in shopping for tools & underwear in the same place. LOL (Remember the old merchantiles, where you could buy chicken feed to...)
Good going for you to shop your ins.
Brighid - I do remember the merchantiles. Every now and then we still find something like that in an out of the way place, rarer and rarer though.
I am like that for feeling things nagging at me and when I get up and deal with it, I can spend my mental time thinking of things I'd rather be.
Water is so needed on the gardens right now because of our heatwave. You have been having even hotter times with the risk of fire (you say).
I have been shopping around for better insurance too, though I think our system over here is probably different from yours.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home