Time for a little break.
A vacation to this little cabin on the Metolious River would be wonderful but it will have to wait. I am very, very tired this week. We've worked very hard on my little house and the half bath in the bedroom is nearly done. This closet size bathroom now well lit and user friendly. The floor is in, the cabinet and faucet is installed, and the toilet is sparkling and ready to go. What remains is just small details. My DIL has done most of it, including the plumbing. And she has 8 kids in her house. She is amazing.
I am painting the front porch and prepping the main bath for it's revival. Painting and scraping gives me a lot of time to think. The newly updated condo I lusted after went to someone else. Now I have an appointment to see one other in the same complex that is empty and for sale. It is not singing to me. Maybe it's just the comparison to the first one.
It's a small complex, 8 units surrounding a swimming pool, has attractive grounds and in a great neighborhood. At first glance its needs seem mostly cosmetic with badly stained and loose carpets everywhere even in the bathrooms. It also turns out to have popcorn ceilings put in around 1972. That means it most likely has asbestos in it. Asbestos was banned in the product in 1979 but dealers and installers were allowed to use their existing supplies up, so use of it went into the mid-80's. The contractor I called about removal said, "no asbestos about $800-$1000, with asbestos $4000 up to $10,000 depending the square footage." I just not attracted to it.

I will give it a good look this afternoon and see if my feelings change any.

9 Comments:
I so love the Metolius River if it's the one in Oregon. We usually camp there but those cabins speak to me except most are on forest service leased land and they rarely come up for sale.
Rain - it in Oregon, the Metolius
River Lodges, about 20 miles west of Sisters on the way to Camp Sherman. And yes, not much for sale there.
Will have to check out the Metolius River lodges.
You have been a busy gal. Hope it all works out for you.
I hope you find the place that's perfect for you :)
Moving becomes more difficult as we grow older. I live on one level, but on a hill, you might call it a bonus in these days of increased sudden rain storms that cause flooding. On the other hand, it is a difficult climb up the hill with a bag of shopping!
We stayed but not in the cabin but the ones more connected and back then it was called Fords or something like that. I love that old store there too but walking the river trail is the best. Great place for photos and to just be. I hope we soon get to take our trailer there. This summer hasn't made going anywhere very easy but it may be settling down.
I somehow missed the why that you are moving. I love your blue cottage.
Its always sad when your dream house gets taken by someone else. Hoping something even better will come up soon.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
you have done so much to your home! So enjoy it and the right place for you to move to will appear!
Thanks for visiting my blog- and you are correct about the water supply in Baker City- all hotels and restaurants are offering bottled water and all residences have to boil the water. All because the local City Council blew off DEQ fines and warnings. A lot of people got sick and some hospitalized before the warnings were publicized.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home