My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

For Sale


After two restless nights I visited my friendly realtor and listed my house for sale.  And I made a contingent offer on a condo.  I am still painting some woodwork but the bathrooms are finished.  The little blue cottage looks pretty good.

I'm not good with the mysteries of life and not knowing how things will go is very uncomfortable.   Several potential buyers have been here today and the For Sale sign is not up nor is the listing on the web.  Is that a good sign?  Or am I not asking enough?  Or what exactly? TBD.  Or is it just an initial rush that will peter out?  The economy is so peculiar now but the interest rates are still good.  So I've joined those who are hoping their house will sell for a decent price.  I can hold out since I don't have to move. 

I've been soul searching, trying to decide what kind of place would be good to make my home for the next 20 years, my last stand so to speak.  I loved this little blue house and I blithely thought I care for it all on my own.  Oops, not quite so, time to let go if it's doable.  So I found a condo all on one floor and someone else does the yard work and the snow shoveling and so forth.  The new choice is an end unit that has only one common wall with another unit and no one overhead or underneath.  And a pool.  It gets hot here in the summer.  It would make my life easier - except for right now.   If all goes well, if it does it closes before Christmas.  Deck the halls!  I still have my tiny pre-lit tree so no problem right? 

4 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope it cells quickly Celia!!

October 24, 2013 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

good luck with the sale and move :)

October 24, 2013 at 7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed it all works out smoothly for you!

October 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

ah the best time to sell is when you don't need to! We sold our home in 3 days...and for full price. That was 18 months ago and we are glad we moved 350 miles south. Good luck!

November 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home