My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Quiet Friday


I'm listening to Dave Mathews CDs and cooking and cleaning.  I love how music makes my go easier and I can dance around with the vacuum.  Hoover is not a talented dancer but never steps on my feet.  I baked a butternut squash yesterday to make soup out of, today I added the rest of the ingredients and pureed it in my ancient faithful blender.  I am going to freeze most of it.  More yard cleanup, sawing and picking up more Sycamore branches that fell out of my backyard tree.  There's a "widow maker" up there, a large limb stuck in the tree about 30' up from the ground.  I've put feelers out to get that taken care of soon. 

Laundry.  The vent hose on the dryer came off and when I went back out to the laundry it was a steam bath, water running down the walls.  I mopped it up and opened all the windows back there.  Then I frosted the cupcakes for my eldest son's birthday party tonight.    His car is in the garage awaiting repair since Wednesday and Thursday he lost his job.  Some birthday.   Maybe dinner, cupcakes, and birthdays wishes from family including eight adoring nieces and nephews will give him some cheer.  Saturday night the whole ensemble is going to the YMCA Gym see the Walla Walla Sweets Rollergirls last competition for the year, except the babies.  Here they are performing to Michael Jackson's Thriller at their 2012 Season Finale.

I slept well last night, and if I dreamed I remember nothing today.  Funny after the previous vividly detailed dreams.  I am disinclined to be introspective today anyway so who cares?  Opened Facebook and found out my cousin is in Washington DC since early this week.  I hope she did what she wanted to before the doors shut.  She said the garbage is piling up in the streets there.

Hope my son's car is done today, he's using mine and I am trapped at home.  All this forced domesticity and cooking is going to put a few more pounds on me I fear, unless I dance harder.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

I do so hope that the family menage can perk him up a bit. Here we are still a bit wary after G being laid off from his old job. Afraid is a better term. Yes, family and endless cupcakes might help in the short term.

October 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Your guy needs to be reassured that no one blames him for the situation and that you are all going to network and keep your ears open so that he can get back to work ASAP.

October 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Thanks for the good words Mage and Tabor. The job market here is terrible, like many other places. Maybe we'll need to loan him out to family in the big city?!

October 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

The job market is bad here in Kentucky as well. I don't think it's really good anywhere now but I read that it will be in the spring so that's a good thing!

October 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

I find that music helps me working around the house and I have fun at the same time. I am so sorry to hear about your son- hopefully he snags a beter job soon. Like they say "one door closes-another one opens" Best wishes to him and all your family!

October 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home