Memories New and Old
Everyone made it to Thanksgiving Thursday from babies to the elders. The only thing missing was Great-grandma Esther. She'd have been pleased with the whole thing. Gathering again on Saturday for more holiday that my DIL's mom calls Thank-mas. It's post-Thanksgiving and before Christmas so small visiting children can open gifts from relatives they don't see at Christmas. Great-grandma Esther left gifts for the grands and great-grands. It went really well although when the gifts from Esther to the children came out I found myself crying. Esther was pretty sure she wouldn't make it to the holidays and she planned accordingly. She was a kind and generous woman who loved a party, and we had a fine one for her.
My house has closed and I made an offer on a condo that has been accepted. It will close soon. I won't be moving right away. It's in very good condition, recently remodeled kitchen and bathroom, the owner has taken very good care of it. It will give me the opportunity to have the carpets cleaned with no furniture in the way and to paint the walls. I loved it the moment I saw it and was very happy that's it's turned out to be as good as it looks. It is one floor and has a little fenced patio right outside big sliding doors on the east side, out of the afternoon sun.
Safe travels for all of you on your way home from your celebrations. Hope they were full of new good memories.
My house has closed and I made an offer on a condo that has been accepted. It will close soon. I won't be moving right away. It's in very good condition, recently remodeled kitchen and bathroom, the owner has taken very good care of it. It will give me the opportunity to have the carpets cleaned with no furniture in the way and to paint the walls. I loved it the moment I saw it and was very happy that's it's turned out to be as good as it looks. It is one floor and has a little fenced patio right outside big sliding doors on the east side, out of the afternoon sun.
Safe travels for all of you on your way home from your celebrations. Hope they were full of new good memories.

5 Comments:
I am glad your house closed and that the offer on the condo was accepted.
It sounds like Esther was with you all on Thanksgiving. How wonderfully touching.
Sounds like love for Thanksgiving!
What exciting news that you got your condo. Sounds like it is going to be perfect!
congrats on your new home- good planning to paint prior to moving in! And congrats on your new header- love that owl! Cheers!
Brilliant news about the house & the condo and glad you had a really lovely Thanksgiving.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
So sorry about Ester. What a thoughtful lady she was. Lovely news about the house and condo. One story. Heaven. Have fun with it. Pictures please. And nice new blog name too.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home