My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mini-Vacation




Very mini.  I was on my feet all day Sunday.  I finally took some time out after dinner lay on my heating pad and finish reading my second Anne Perry, "Callander Square."  The first of these Thomas and Charlotte Pitt Victorian murder mysteries was  published in 1979.  I just found them.  Most are in our library except for the first four.  I'm hooked.   Now I can pack it away with my other books.  The first book "The Cater Street Hangman" was a creepy thriller, this one is more of a soap opera and I really like her carefully constructed characters.

I also tried my first Craigslist ad with trepidation.  All those stories.  I had a loveseat I wanted to give away.  I got two nibbles and the second one came from an hour away to pick it up.  My eldest son came over to watch over his mom and helped the young man carry it out to his truck and trailer.  My son took home the foot stool that went with it.  They were in pretty good shape for being 13 years old.  The Herculon fabric held up really well.  I still have the sofa.  The living room is starting to look emptier.  I'm starting to say goodbye to the house.  I've been avoiding thinking about it but think I'd better.  I have an apartment now and the move is this coming Saturday.  I went back yesterday and measured the rooms and see what will and won't fit into it.  Ever pragmatic, I also brought toilet paper, hand soap, and towels, and later some clothes and kitchen stuff.  Otherwise it's empty.

Today my van goes in to get its rear bumper replaced.  A friend backed into me with his very tall SUV at church a couple of weeks ago.  Ironic since I had parked so I would not have to back up.  Not sure the timing is great but eldest son is driving Ms. Crazy around today. 

I've opened up a new chapter for myself.   Yesterday I was looking forward to it.  This morning I am hand-wringing anxious and just want to be done moving.  Then I will rest up and then I see what's next.  It will be winter.  I can unpack, read a lot, and rest.  Or get out and do something.  My youngest sister will be coming for a few days before Thanksgiving and I can hardly wait.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your sister's visit and try to stop worrying about the move. Everything will work out fine.

November 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I'm awfully proud of you for going through with this. I was thinking that you will have to rename your blog too. I miss my pink cottage, but it was very good to move on. Hugs.

November 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Thanks for your encouragement grannymar and mage. It really does help.

November 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have actually had a lot of luck with Craigslist. I've sold many things on there. Even an old car LOL.

November 13, 2013 at 4:21 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

Here's to new adventures in reading and life! Your going to be Fine.

November 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Sounds like you have it going and you've made up your mind which is often half the battle. Maybe the right place isn't available yet.

November 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

oh and we sell our grassfed beef and lambs through Craigslist all the time. Since I am losing my 4 year old cat *lots of tears*, I've started looking there at possible kittens. We have one black male left and he won't like being an only cat; so even though Pepper is not yet dead, I have to be thinking ahead for Blackie's sake :(

November 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

I think selling your house first and then waiting for the right place to appear! Even tho you move two times- it will all make more sense once you are done! Have a great time with your sis- big hugs! and Happy Thanksgiving!

November 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

What's next will be wonderful. :)

November 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

All the best for Saturday. It is really exciting starting all over again in a new place.
Those thrillers sound really good books. I'll have to look out for them.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

November 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I so hope you are all in and settled. Yes, you are in my thoughts and so hope you love your new home.

November 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home