Thought Provoking and Just Plain Provoking
"Even if you fall on your face you are moving forward." Victor Kiam
"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." Oliver Wendell Holmes
Tabor's November 11th post at One Day at a Time titled Addictions and Fancies gave me cause to pause as I cleaned out the leftovers from fancies long ago that were still hidden in my garage, basement, and cupboards. I've given away or sold jewelry making supplies, stained glass supplies, camp gear, but have kept most of my books and art supplies. Gone are the piles of yarn, kid craft leftovers, pieces of fabric for one thing or another. It's almost all gone to people who wanted it and appreciate it. People with their own Addictions and Fancies. It's a wonder there was any room left over in that little house for furniture. There was/is the mountain of photographs half in the old albums and half into the new ones, a project begun years ago. And I have digital ones as well and they aren't sorted out properly either. I found my ancient slide projector and a box of slides.
I am in my apartment, surrounded by boxes. My bedroom is unpacked except for one box, the bathroom as well. The kitchen is an unholy mess. I found enough crockery and flatware to cook meals so I'm not eating out. I think I will repack some stuff and stack in the spare bedroom and cover it with a tablecloth. I could put art on it, but then I'd have to unpack it. A luxury of goods. Time to be grateful but...
I am also surrounded by angst. The house was supposed to close on Friday and the buyer asked for an extension. The "single" woman who bought the house is in the process of a divorce and she needs a quit claim from ex-hubbie-to-be. It appears she failed to mention this anyone. Me and myself had a major snit here in my little apartment before I went to the real estate office. At least this way I don't have to apologize to anyone although no one is in doubt I'm angry and disappointed. And by word of mouth I found a very nice condo in my price range. I made an offer on it contingent on my house sale closing. Taking a deep breath here. I'm not in control of this outcome. Praying. Also got copies of every piece of paper connected to my house sale. The extension is to next Wednesday, they call it a three-day extension, meanings three business days, but its a whole week, a week closer to another round of house bills, and apartment rent. If I had a swear jar it would be full.
I am reminding myself to be grateful as I have great kids, wonderful grandkids, good friends, and a safe, warm place to live. This will all wash out somehow. If I don't pop up before then, have a good Thanksgiving everyone.

8 Comments:
Have a good Thanksgiving, Celia and sometimes it is hard to think positive but hopefully this will work out and soon you'll be in your new home. Frustrating though :(
It WILL all wash out somehow. But buying and selling are such stressful times on our lives. Breathe deeply and do some yoga and listen to some soft music. Stay healthy.
Not to sound cliche but there are always storms before the rainbow :)
Relax and enjoy Thanksgiving. In a couple of months it will be a dim memory.
Thanks all, my sister is here for the weekend and life is better already. And...OP, the rainbow is showing already!
Give yourself time, it will all come together. I'm excited for you, you will be in your own place!
Living with my elderly parents as caregiver, cook, etc, as my mom is bedridden. Missing my own space but needs must.
I'd have to have a "swear bucket" Honestly I am so sorry you have to put up with such nerve wracking frustration! In time all will be sorted out! Meanwhile Happy Thanksgiving and have a lovely family time!
I so hope she get's that quit claim rapidly. We are all with you with prayers. I'm still divesting, and my friend bobbie, whose husband just died, has begun getting rid of things today.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home