My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Take What You Need

 
Here we go again.  I remind myself that it just a number, 2014, but I'm always hopeful that its the number of the next really good year.  And, the Chinese calendar, the New Year falls on the 31st of January, and begins the year of the horse.  I am a horse and In 2014, it will be the year of the Horse.  While not a believer I enjoy the prognostications. "Known as Wu, those born during the year of the Horse tend to be clever, possess good communication skills, are cheerful and stubborn. In 2014, they are expected to have a good year and are advised to be quiet and patient."  It also suggests good health this year, I'll take that.  Well, I am the cheerful and stubborn part and I'd welcome a good year.
 
I got the flu a few days before the new year, it was a doozy.  Our little town is currently hosting the swine flu.  I was given Tamiflu and antibiotics and told to be careful.  I was but I spent New Year's Eve in the ER anyway.  The flu receded but my asthmatic airways slammed shut and filled up with goop.  I am still coughing and hacking, and am very tired but I choose to see this crud as a goodbye gift from 2013, and the healing the shape of things to come for 2014.
 
Prayers.  Praying for recovery for my brother-in-law who just had surgery for a bone infection in his sternum not healing after open heart surgery over two years ago.  He was dangerously ill and any prayers for him would be welcome.  Prayers for a new job for my eldest son.  For reconciliation between family members, mine or yours.  Prayers for safe returns for our military folks and recovery and support for those injured in so many ways.  Prayers for peace and an end to greed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

sorry to hear you were sick but glad you are feeling better. There is a really nasty flu going around and it seems to take a long time to get over it.

January 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

You did not get the shot or you did? I think your town is one of the rare groups to get this with the shot! I have tried to keep my hands washed and avoid crowds, but it is difficult over the holidays.

January 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Tabor - I got the big dose vaccination in September. I am a little disappointed in the results but I guess there is no guaruntee.

January 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Rain - the flu here seems to hang on for weeks, at least the coughing and fatigue part.

January 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

I am so sorry to read that you are/were so ill and still are coughing. Yes, it's a nasty one but the flu shots seem to work down here. I read your comment, and so hope they keep on working.

Yes, mam, prayers are coming your way as you read. Happy and a healthy new year to you.

January 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

oh my gosh- I got the swine flu some years back when it was rampant in Mexico- didin't catch it there but months later in Oregon- I immediately took Relenza and kicked it almost immediately! Since then I've gotten the flu shots every year. Sure hope you feel 100% soon!
I'm a Horse also- we must be 1942 babies? Nice to know it's our turn!
Now- I am going to have to make a string of beads to say my prayers for you and your family this year. May all good things come everyones way.
Happy New Year and I'll be facing towards Walla Walla with my little string of local beads! Let me know if you would like one also!

January 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

Glad to read that you are doing a little better. Spent considerable time in hospitals with my little bro, the asthma kid. Not an easy thing to live with!
Prayers for you and yours, and the rest of us as well. Can't have too many rooting for us.

January 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home