My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Winterize



Baby, it's cold outside.  The local weather guy says this is freezing fog, not snow.  It is mostly gone now even though it still around 30 in most places here.  The manager of this apartment complex was out at 6am blowing away the white stuff and sprinkling de-icer.  I thank her.  And I am still grateful I don't live where it is really cold, flooding, or on fire.  This is pretty benign as winter weather goes.  It's the kind of weather many erstwhile steelhead fishermen are out in, including my youngest son.  Hope he does well, he makes the most delicious fishy dishes.


The new wood bedroom floors for my condo are scheduled to go in Thursday and Friday.  I am pretty excited about that.  They are the first step towards finishing up and moving in.  Many little tasks to complete after and a lot of painting but I enjoy that.  I'm going to paint and stencil on some of the walls after I get the first fresh coat of paint down.  The small bedroom will have a grayed blue accent wall and some kind of birds painted on it.  I'm thinking something that looks like shadows from the window.  It's a small room so it needs not to be too heavy or dark.

This one is by Cutting Edge Stencils so if you can't design your own stencils you can purchase some.

flock of birds stencil by bernice

I'm not sure what kind of birds I like to see up there.  I have a great admiration for raptors but not sure how a guest would feel with hawks or osprey circling their bed.   Too Hitchcockian?  Makes me smile.  I'm enjoying the creative side of this.  I can hardly wait to get the wallpaper off the bathroom walls.  I also have many cards, masks, and posters of grizzly bears I've collected over the years. I plan on displaying them out where everyone can see them.   Ah, the great joy of feeling creative again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

How about doves? A universal sign of peace and love :)

January 21, 2014 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

How about sea gulls? What a lovely idea. :)

January 21, 2014 at 6:30 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

a little flock of song birds such as finches might be delightful- can't wait to see your projects! Such fun isn't it to make a space your very own! Cheers!

January 21, 2014 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Sounds like fun, Celia. I also enjoy making a place into a home. :)

January 22, 2014 at 5:57 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

RYN: I agree. Perhaps F&W missed giving life to it's characters. It all seemed too dry, but I persevered. Nearing the end, things seemed a bit better. This new bio of the Queen is better.

January 22, 2014 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

You are having fun and moving forward, YES! I will be interested to learn how the journey goes, and pics of the finished rooms,(do we ever really finish these projects...lol)

January 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home