Marcia McDade McMann Oil Pastel "Starry Night"
My friends and I have been posting art on our FB pages just for fun with an accompanying description of the artist. I have been working with oil pastels with my home schooled grandgirls so I've been searching out some pastel artists. I am thrilled at the talent to be found out on the web.
The new wood bedroom floors are finished in my condo. I started taping and prepping for paint. Post flu my asthma has gone crazy and even low VOC paint sends my lungs into spasms. Heather, my son David's wife and my grandgirl Alandra have taken over and finished painting the digestive pink bedroom with a creamy white color and one pale gray blue accent wall. This afternoon they are putting a very pale lemon lime color on the master bedroom walls and from there more cream color in the hallway. I am so blessed that they would do this for me. It it made me cry. I wrote my notice that I am moving the end of March, the big move is actually on the 15th of March but the notice is out there. I am really excited. The only other things left pre-move are getting the carpet cleaner in and the locksmith out to change the locks. It's happening, woo woo!
Grandgirl Natty, younger sister of Alandra, won a Scholastic Art and Writing Gold Key Award (the highest award at this level) for her flash fiction (a less than 300 words) story "A Loop in Time," and honorable mention for her animated film "Erratic." The Gold Key winners will go on to compete at the National Levels. I love that she is so creative and am amazed at the skills these kids are learning in crafts that didn't even exist when I or her parents were in middle school. Brave new world.


5 Comments:
Excited to see pics of your new place, and glad the kids are helping you.
Congrats to Alandra, that is awesome.
I apologize for not doing my artist, I had forgotten, will work on that this week.
Exciting on your move. I hope there will be lots of pictures once you are settled ;)
Neat on your granddaughter's artistic skills
lovely post- I'm so glad you live so close to family- and what a gift painting the rooms for you...what sweethearts! Have a very easy move!
Yes, a really lovely post. Amazing that kids can do things like this. I remember being forced to write an essay, and I don't think it made any sense when I was done. These kids are way beyond my thinking. Bravo.
So sorry about your asthma. Yes, having family that would do this is a blessing.
Congrats to your granddaughter.
The family are good to help you out with getting rid of the digestive pink and putting pale colours on the walls. Glad no one was gobbled up!
Love that surreal painting on your post and love the colours. I love bold colours though maybe not digestive pink! This description has really inspired my imagination.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home