It Begins
The big move has started. My son Chris came over yesterday and moved all my boxes out of the apartment storage and some from the spare bedroom into the living room of the condo. I've been moving kitchen stuff over there all last week. Perfect timing, the weather was lovely. Today it's 28 and snowed lightly. My DIL Heather fetched primed baseboards from the lumber store and we set up to paint and install them in the bedrooms. Last night she and grandgirl #1 finished painting the hallway. Afternoon came and all the family elder women, that includes me, grandmas and aunties from 68 to 90 came over to see the new digs. When I'm moved in we'll have a little wine and munchy party to celebrate but that's a ways off.
Today I'm over to Heather's for a big cookie bake, their family is 'hosting' the church coffee hour. We are making zillions of cookies. Each grandgirl has picked a recipe to make, there's five old enough to bake. I'm making a soft ginger cookies. Fortunately she has two ovens, handy when you feed a household of eight.
Chris had a job interview this week. His unemployment ended last week. He's put in many applications and but gotten few interviews. Often there are over 100 applicants for each one. I'm praying for success. Jobs are scarce here in this part of Eastern Washington. He's supposed to find out today.


6 Comments:
It's exciting! Good luck with everything.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Thinking of you and your loved ones in this job hunt. Sending energies and hoping it all gets resolved tomorrow if not sooner!!!!
Thanks Tabor and Maggie May for your good wishes.
So exciting to be moving into your new home. Wishing you all the best in this new chapter.
good luck on your move- can't wait to see your new digs! and I am sending lots of warm wishes and prayers for your son. My oldest struggles now for 4 years.
Wonderful news about the big move. Do you miss the blue house? Glad you are down to details on the new place, and I know you will love it when you are done. Keep us posted about the job.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home