"Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a
surprise party"
Jimmy Buffett
Speaking of scavenger hunts, I'm off to a Friends of the Library fund raiser this morning with Natty, this week's birthday girl. They are selling off CD's, DVD's, all kinds of books, and bundles of magazines that make great fodder for collages. Some of our favorite children's books have come from this sale. The two my grandkids and I like best are "Rotten Ralph" and "Worse Than Rotten Ralph." The title says it all. Wouldn't it be lovely if some more popped up?
P.S. Picked up a DVD of 2001, the grandkids have never seen it. And Nat and I got three books a piece. Not a bad haul for 45 minutes. Good crowd too. No more Rotten Ralphs though. I will have fish other ponds for those.
Jimmy Buffett
Speaking of scavenger hunts, I'm off to a Friends of the Library fund raiser this morning with Natty, this week's birthday girl. They are selling off CD's, DVD's, all kinds of books, and bundles of magazines that make great fodder for collages. Some of our favorite children's books have come from this sale. The two my grandkids and I like best are "Rotten Ralph" and "Worse Than Rotten Ralph." The title says it all. Wouldn't it be lovely if some more popped up?
P.S. Picked up a DVD of 2001, the grandkids have never seen it. And Nat and I got three books a piece. Not a bad haul for 45 minutes. Good crowd too. No more Rotten Ralphs though. I will have fish other ponds for those.


7 Comments:
I have not been to one of these in quite some time!!
Have fun at the Library fund raiser Celia!! I hope all is well :)
Love this sort of thing. Last one I went to was at the main library in Vancouver, WA with two of the grandgirls. Such fun, and we even found an extra copy of
Walter the Farting Dog by William Kotzwinkle
love Library sales!
Ah Brighid, Walter is one of our favorites.
it is one thing I miss about town living-- access to libraries and all their activities. I do donate to the sales though
Rain - that's where my used books go too. Good ones get shelved, oldies get sold (we hope).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home