My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Many Ways of Working Out

I rejoined the gym this week.  We've had some walking weather between the rain showers but the pollen is overwhelming so I decided to do my walking inside for the time being.  Starting slow after an inactive winter inside.  I'm trying to exercise my brain too.  Took three books out of the library to add to the three I bought at the library sale.  My sister Susan suggested I try Paperbackswap.  You can trade paperbacks with others for the price of postage; for media mail it's a reasonable cost. I just downsized my home so I'm game to try this.

Son Chris came over for dinner last night. I served chili, salad, rolls, and strawberry/pound cake dessert.  He skipped the chili.  I thought I was past fussing about what he ate.  I didn't point it out.  I excuse myself by thinking I still have some residual anxiety from moving twice in a short time. 

Chris moved the computer cabinet to a better spot and wired everything up for me.  I am still a long way from being moved in.  Those are unpacked boxes in the foreground.  Tuesday the new sofa and a "sofa" table are being delivered.  I haven't put up any of the artwork I have since I'm still not certain where all the furniture will end up.  The decorative writing on the inside of the cabinet doors are lists of customers of son Dave had when he and his wife had the little farm and he raised Heritage Black Hogs.  I tried to get it off with soap, no dice.  Then tried nail polish remover, gag, some came off.  The web says try good old vinegar and water.  I'm thinking though I might just cover those inside doors with fabric to match the pillows I'm planning on making for the new sofa.  Then I could hang a calendar on the doors and a new smaller white board or maybe a cork board.  I still like my non-electronic reminders.

Hope your weekend was good.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

Sorry your moving in has been so slow. I understand tho, it took us forever to get settled here. Glad you have such a nice computer corner.

April 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

The unpacking and setting up process always takes time for me - I always say it's a marathon not a sprint :)

April 28, 2014 at 4:29 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Don't worry about what your adult children eat or don't eat. Don't take it as a comment on your cooking. Just cook what you want and let them forage. I think you could cover the whole surface with corkboard and the add or remove fabric as needed.

April 28, 2014 at 4:59 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Good thought about the corkboard Tabor.

April 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

It has been slow Mage, ha, ha, I'm slow moving lately.

April 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

I like the idea of a cork board! Cheers- you are getting settled!

April 28, 2014 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

April 30, 2014 at 4:33 AM  
Blogger Granny Sue said...

I admire you for moving even once! I cannot imagine how difficult it would be. I like your plans--and that you are taking time to read and walk. Both important activities that we all too often put last.

April 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Beate said...

Moving always takes time for me, too. And then I want it all to be perfect when I decorate it and move things around - that takes forever. I like the idea of the paperbackswap!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I think it would be wonderful if Keith and I put a lock on that bridge, too :)

May 1, 2014 at 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home