My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sunshine and Tulips

Flowers from my friend Nancy celebrating my new home and my birthday.

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."  
Robert Frost

"A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body." 
Benjamin Franklin

"Decorate your home.  It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is."
Charles M. Schulz

10 Comments:

Blogger Brig said...

Good quotes, and I'm glad to see you are feeling home love.

April 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

very pretty. Love the light

April 6, 2014 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

oh your new home looks so cozy and warm. Love your tulips and the couch looks perfect for curling up with a book! Cheers!

April 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

oh and Happy Happy Birthday!

April 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Home is all of those and more. You are settling in very well.

April 6, 2014 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I think once you start putting your own little touches on a place, then a home is really yours.
Like what I see!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

April 7, 2014 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Unloaded boxes and boxes of books this weekend. I will have to hunt up some bookshelves. Oh well, yard sale season is beginning here!

April 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love those tulips and I LOVE that Robert Frost quote!!

April 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Granny Sue said...

Lovely tulips--and the little bench they are on looks pretty cool too. It looks like you're settling in :)

Good quotes, good reminders for everyday living.

April 7, 2014 at 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the tulips which look very nice in your new place. It all looks very homey.

April 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home