My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Home Again


Once over I-90, four times in the last few days.  This is our return trip from the birthday party that became a gathering to celebrate the life of my brother-in-law Geir.  We were lucky enough to make it over last Tuesday in time to see him and be able to talk with him last Tuesday.  Late Thursday night he left us.  The late birthday party had been planned because he'd been so ill over the actual birthday date.


Geir and his eldest son April 5, 2014 at another family gathering.

Family and friends had gathered from all over, North Dakota and Colorado among other places.  We were both sad and joyful.  We all agreed we needed to plan a reunion that was just a reunion.  Soon.

When we got home my oldest discovered someone had shattered the passenger window on his parked car and taken only his maintenance records out of the glove box.  Why?  Is there anything evil you can do with the maintenance records?  Many bad words issued out my mouth.  

7 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

I'm so glad you were able to go over and back again, and see him the first time you were there. I was very grateful to be able to have a good visit with my special friend Jo before she died. Those are wonderful moments.

May 13, 2014 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Nice photos. He sounds like a very special person and left behind loving memories. We can't ask for more

May 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am glad you were able to see him. That was incredibly wonderful for you both, I am sure. You and him both likely needed it equally...

May 14, 2014 at 4:27 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

It was a warm and loving experience. Thanks for your thoughts, each of you.

May 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Celia. I tried to find your bloglastweek,but for some reason the link did not work. Was your blog once called Celia's blue cottage?

So hardto lose people we knew all outlives. I always think of something I wish I had said. Lucky you were able to speak to Geir before he left. Beautiful drive through the mountain's.

Love the owl in your header photo. I know they are not teddy bears, but I always have the urge to hug one. Dianne

May 14, 2014 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

You were wise and lucky to have this trip in your history of memories. It helped everyone to gather the energies and love, I am sure.

May 14, 2014 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

So glad you got to spend time with him and family. Good thoughts and happy memories!

May 14, 2014 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home