How do you cheer yourself up?
Photo by Jordan Matter from his book "Dancers Among Us."
I picked this Seattle photo because Seattle is where I was born. Here's a link to the Dancers Among Us photos by Jordan Matter, how does he do it? Such joyous poses. I found him by strolling through images looking for dancers and some way to pump in some positive vibes to my brain before going to the gym. That's one of my other ways of shaking the blahs, get moving. Right now the pollen is killer high here so I stay inside and scoot along the treadmill and then go work out on the nautilus with almost no weight on the ends; doesn't matter brings some life back into my body.
I also got out my wallet and went to Macy's and bought myself two pairs of short summer pants and a couple of tees all on sale. Everything there always seems on sale but this was good. Retail therapy at a minimal price. I lost enough weight over the last year, on purpose, to leave my summer clothes two sizes behind me. That's also a cheery thought. I am three pounds away from my goal. Its been a three year trudge. There's a pizza place (yes, I am talking pizza and weight loss) downtown where you can buy one slice of very skinny crust pizza with delicious things like fresh tomatoes and artichokes on them. I get one for take out, then run home, where I can eat it without being tempted to get another. Works for me, and oh my, was it delicious.
Sometimes I just go over to my son's and sit and talk for a bit with my daughter (in-law) Heather while she fixes dinner and I can hold the toddlers, 2 and 3. She has eight kids as well as my son, her day is always full of something interesting. Nothing like hugs from those toddler folk to mend what can be mended. And they are always so glad to see you.
Sometimes I just drive up to the nearby lake and walk or just sit and let my eyes fill with the green fields and the foothills with just a thin line of snow left on them for the first spring in three years. I see herons, duck, jumping fish, and hikers. Peace.

7 Comments:
your way of life is so peaceful and thoughtful. Good for you on going down 2 sizes. It took me 12 months of pushing away from 2nd helpings and eating smaller portions to get back to my perfcet weight. Only 25 pounds- but what a relief to be a size 8 instead of a 10. I am not tall and those extra gained pounds were a drag. Your grandchildren sound lovely- and you are a blessing to be there while your daughter is preparing dinner- a good break for both of you. Cheers- have a lovely day- whatever you do!
Congrats on being only three pounds away from your goal Celia! That's awesome. As far as how I cheer myself up, I like watching a comedy and getting some laughter in my system :)
That pictures is amazing! I love it :)
I love being out in nature, too, that'll always make me feel better. And Keith is always my source of happiness no matter what I feel like before I talk to him :)
Sounds like a good rhythm. Grandchildren are the best. They sap energy but instill happiness.
Congratulations on the weight loss. I sure need to get motivated that way but just am not. It's healthier for sure to carry around less weight.
As to cheering myself up, sometimes I just let myself feel depressed and accept it as part of life. I do like comedies, the kind that have me laughing out loud.
Try Ross Dress for Less too. They have a lot of nice stuff this year. Marshalls too.
Hi sister! Is on a three year quest to Los 40 pounds. Within 8 pounds of goal. Yes, you can have pizza.
Losing weight is all about changing your mind set. It's for the rest of your life. One day at a time. Doc still wants me to lose 20 pounds after I reach my first goal.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home