My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Photo Rolf Hicker - Moon over the Cascade Mountains.

There was a lovely half moon in the sky of the Cascade Mountains Tuesday night until the clouds masked everything.  Fog caught on the trees and was shredded by the wind like time rotted voile curtains.  Other worldly.

This Thursday morning brought good news.  My friend Nancy had an MRI and surgery yesterday evening on her infected foot.  They removed the damaged tissue and found the bones, tendons, and nerves were healthy and intact even though her foot looked like h--l.  She will remain in the hospital and on IV antibiotics for a couple of days and then be transferred to a nursing facility cum rehab center.  She's not supposed to put any weight on that foot for an indefinite amount of time and will continue on the IV.  They found her blood sugar was out of control and that will be treated in rehab too.  She sounded like a new person when she heard she got to keep all her important parts.

I have a lot of stress related energy today.  Got the floors cleaned and moved the bedroom furniture around and now I won't bump into the dresser when I get out of bed.  Also moved a mirror so I don't have to see myself when I first get up either.  This afternoon, I went to see a counselor I know, was late, she was surprised, I am never late anywhere.  Then I went to our wonderful candy shop and bought two dark chocolate truffles, heavenly.  Drove up to the lake to watch the birds, and swimmers it turns out to be about 70 here today.  Ate the truffles in the van before I parked.  Oh well.  Delicious.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Good news on your friend. Truffles seem like a good way to enjoy a moment :)

May 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Lonely Rivers said...

Chocolate Never makes it out of my car!

May 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Nothing like a personal treat after a visit to a doctor's office.

May 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

good move to switch where the mirror is- who wants to see themselves all rumpled and not even had any coffee yet?
What a lovely way to spend part of your day- watching swimmers and having just a bit of chocolate! Cheers!

May 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Sounds like you are finding the right rhythm to your days. Me...I can't see the mirror anyway, so that part I'm ok with.

May 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home