Beautiful day. Drove out to Mill Creek to see the herd of goats busily chewing away on the south banks, clearing out dandelions, blackberries, and assorted other things that have sprouted up this spring. I think they nibbled off the wild roses too but no fear those will come back. I like this chemical free method of cleaning up.
Looking for a sip of water.
All sizes, colors and shapes of goats, pretty sure this little white one is goat child labor.
Part of the crowd.
A finished spot, I couldn't ID the plants the goats didn't nibble to the ground. Some kind of spiky grass?
Labels: goats, weeds
9 Comments:
Awww, so cute! I would love watching them, too :)
I love goats!! I don't see many around here :)
There does seem to me to be one thing they aren't eating. Goats are used here too but chew right down to the ground. :)
Mage - I have some pictures of where they finished and there are clumps of something, stripped of greenery, that they didn't nibble to the ground. Couldn't see from across the creek to id it.
Cute. We had goats once in this farm but eventually lost them all and didn't replace them. The sheep do a good job also on weeds. Our stand on their hind legs to get the taller bushes. They are Shetlands or sometimes called Jacob sheep-- smaller but very agile and kind of have a goat look to them sometimes-- especially when they are polka dot.
A fair number of goat herds are used here and up around Vancouver WA for brush control. They do a good job.
Goats are practical util they aren't. They multiply. Then what happens to them? My daughter and SIL have a small goat herd. They like the females and use their milk, but the Billies end up in a pot.
I like the idea of weed clearance via pasturing. We have rabbits around here. Unfortunately, they like my flower beds.
I'd love to borrow those goats- just spent an hour earlier this am pulling nasty baby thistle plants before they get any bigger...more to pull tomorrow am!
Goats would be a great way to finih off invasive plants! Cheers!
Would love to be watching those goats.
I suppose they eat up all the rubbish things.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home