Grandgirl Natty caught this sky as we left the Art Squared event at CAVU Cellars Friday night. The second light from the right is a tiny scrap of moon.
Photo Natty Dalan 2014
Friday night was spent viewing tiny art at the Art2 fund raiser for ArtWalla. It's amazing that there are so many artists in this small town, 81 participants including my eldest son Chris. ArtWalla distributes 10 6"x6" wooden blocks to artists to create tiny art for this fund raiser. There are paintings, collages, pottery pieces, photographs, nearly anything you can think up. Chris' current specialty is cartoon and fantasy art. The organization gets 20% of whatever sells and the rest goes to the artist. Chris sold several pieces leaving him with a very high wattage smile all night. Two people had an argument over who was going to purchase his piece pictured below. Next year Nat and I will join in the fun to fund.
The people watching was wonderful. Listening in on the commentary was both grand and horrifying. Everyone's on art critic.
8 Comments:
Chris' mother is so proud.
Isn't that just too special!?
What a talented son you have. Sounds like a great venue!
Talented Chris!!
That was a really good photo. I've tried to get night shots so far without much success.
The artwork looks good!
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Thanks all. I'm hoping he's inspired to do more and offer them up at the upcoming Christmas gift fests.
Maggie, I was surprised Natty took that night picture with my little old smart phone with a so so lens in the camera. She has a better touch than I.
This sounds like so much fun! Your granddaughter shows much promise. I love when children notice the living world around them.
Oh, I wish you had taken pictures.
What a great evening all around.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home