Tuesday Night Treat
Tuesdays are long, fun, and very busy for me. I have my eight-year granddaughter Tuesdays and we mix her home studies with whatever fun we can think up. Yesterday Isabel made birthday cupcakes for my son Chris for the usual Tuesday night family potluck dinner. She made them all herself, and decorated them. She is growing so I usually cook her a second breakfast when she visits but this time she stayed overnight Monday, so we had breakfast, then she had brunch, I think she's a hobbit in disguise, lunch, a lunch like snack and then off to dinner. Fortunately she likes veggies and salads and I give her lots of them. She is slender and energetic unlike myself who is somewhat pudgy around the center and slug-like in my actions of late. While she was doing her language arts/reading I started reading "The Long Way Home."
I pre-ordered this book and could hardly wait for it to arrive. I love Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache mysteries. I tried to read it slowly so it would last longer. Instead I came home from Tuesday dinner, made myself comfy in bed and read the whole darned thing. I really enjoyed it. I only got up for potty breaks and to get online to look up all the places in the novel that exist. While doing that I discovered there is a train that leaves Vancouver BC and goes all the way across Canada to Quebec. I was thrilled. I wonder if I could resuscitate my French? I used to be able to understand it, no one much could understand me though. What a fun trip that would be. Would you come back on the train or fly home? Could my sister, my cruise companion come along? Can we find Inspector Gamache?
Got up bleary-eyed this morning and for some peculiar reason thought today would be good to cut back on coffee. I made it most of the day, I'm now making dinner and drinking coffee at 6pm, if it keeps me up I'll start the Masie Dobbs novel I just brought home from the library.


9 Comments:
It is nice being retired and able to indulge and mess up sleep schedules.
I have not read a book in one setting in a long time, must find something that motivates me!
I love my coffee only in the morning...just a cup and maybe a bit more. Can't drink any caffeine late in the day. Have a special day, your granddaughter sounds lovely.
I went soundly to sleep last night and slept 'til 7am. No coffee repercussions? Sometimes I think coffee and I are like ADD people and their meds, it has a calming effect.
Ooh, I love Maisie Dobbs. I must go back and catch up one novels. I read the first few and put them aside for a while. I don't know if I've ever read a Louise Penny. Perhaps I will check her out. The transcontinental rail across Canada is grand. There aren't/were beautiful old lodges across the continent. You are so fortunate to have a traveling companion. David does not like to travel anymore.
Coffee doesn't keep me awake, if anything it makes me sleepy!?/
I have ridden the train from here to Chehalis, great fun. Saw a documentary on riding the train across Canada, it looked wonderful!
Fly there so the misery is out of the way early on. What wonderful fun that will be.
Mysteries are so intriguing to read and watch as Halloween draws closer :)
So funny, based on your recommendation I went to order the book from Amazon, only to be told I Already owned it. Next step...read it.
I love the new header photo. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home