Halloween on a Friday night. A combination Halloween party and adoption party for Ella at my youngest son's house. My eldest son Chris and I went, in costume. Mine was minimalist, black clothes, kitty ears, and a cat face out of makeup for nose and whiskers. I parked in front of Chris' apartment and waited for him to come out. Eek, a stranger rapping on my window in the dark. A policeman. He looked as surprised as I did, I forgot I'd drawn all over my face. He wanted to know if I was one of the people who'd been in a wreck? No, but then a fellow ran up to say the wreck-ees were all parked a couple of spaces behind me. Turned out the man behind me at the stop sign was t-boned in the intersection when he drove through. No injuries, crunched metal. I'm glad no one was hurt, and I'm glad it wasn't me.
I live close to downtown and we drove very slowly through jillions of little trick or treaters headed for the shops, the Y, or the churches, all downtown and within blocks of my condo. Duh, I should have figured the residences on our side of town would be walking in to enjoy the goodies and entertainment. I think its a great idea especially for the younger kidlets. So very carefully we extracted ourselves from the neighborhood only to get stuck behind someone going 15 in a 30 zone, no trick or treaters in sight anywhere. Then a young woman in a hurry pulled up behind me and honked endlessly. I pulled over so she and the turtle car could deal with one another. She continued to honk until she turned left in about a block.
After that we arrived and enjoyed one of the best Halloween parties I've attended. People from 72 (me) to 15 months. Most in costume. Tons of tweens and teens. Parents, grandparents, grade schoolers. Two more cat costumes, three Minnie Mouses, two blue men, lots of high school glamour pusses, and my three year old grandson in his Spiderman costume leaping off the sofas and flexing his padded muscle with a huge smile on his face. And goodies, oh yes. Midway in the evening someone handed Spiderman an oreo and his eyes went tilt and he handed it to me. Even Spiderman had enough.
Great food, bread witches' fingers, devilled spider eggs, powdered sugar cookie balls dressed as eyeballs, and a delicious if ugly chocolate "baked brain" cake.
Lots of pictures were taken but not by me, forgot my phone. Hopefully some will share with me.

8 Comments:
Oh, magic stuff. The stuff of dreams come true. Thank you so much
That cake sounds as appetizing as the kitty litter cake posted this last week. Sounds like you had lots of fun Celia...now you can just enjoy the weekend.
It's been years since I had a Halloween night. The country does not do it although it used to have a party in the country school. Even here in Tucson, we got no children because they go to neighborhoods that have more houses closer together than ours
That first photo was stunning for an early fall shot before the evil gremlins come out.
Sounds like an awesome time. No trick or treaters here because I got busy taking care of mom and forgot to turn on the outside lights... The weather was not the best for little gremlins either. Now dad and I are wading through a big bag of candy.
We had no visiting trick or treaters either, just party guests. Kind of out on the edge of town, they are.
What would I do without my phone? Terrible to be so dependent. Great kid photo. She is such a pretty little girl.
Yes. Too dependent, uploaded my other photos to dropbox so I don't lose them. Still, I am passed the time where I can get the spare tire out much less change it and once out of town we are out in the middle of nowhere, just me, my phone, and my AAA card. ;-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home