My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jack Frost's Icy Fingers


Is this what they mean by "ice wine?"  The rumored freezing rain came sometime last night. Thankfully we don't have anything like the weather in the Midwest or on the east coast but I think our little town has two buckets of sand, one shovel and a part-time employee for ice and snow removal.  The schools including the colleges are all closed.  Les Schwab I hear, has customers lined up in the street.  We humans can be slow learners, every year this happens.  I am enjoying the blessings of being retired, sitting at home in my jammies for now.

My daughter-in-law is home with all 8 of her children, including two toddlers. I hope she has some wine in the house.  The two highways out of here, SR12 east and west and SR125 into Oregon are completely closed in many places. I'm happy both sons work here in town, one walks to work, his office is opening two hours late today.  I think the road plan in town is to keep everyone home until it melts, around noon perhaps.  I'm sure someone in Montana or New York is sneering at us by now.

Think I will vacuum, make some chicken barley soup, and start one of the armful of books I brought home from the library yesterday to celebrate the "big ice."  Sending prayers and good thoughts to all you who have some really bad weather right now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I am not sorry to be missing that kind of weather :)

November 21, 2014 at 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken barley soup sounds delicious. Recipe?

November 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Can you make some soup and take a batch to your daughter with all the kids?

November 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Eight?
Yes, chicken soup and a good new book. :)

November 21, 2014 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope everyone stays safe on the roads! I hope you have a beautiful Monday, Celia :)

November 24, 2014 at 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home