Sunny and cold
Jenny Pastel Rhinestone Round Sunglasses
Found myself looking up fun sunglasses yesterday. My eye is healing and we have amazing sunlight to go with our 15 degree weather. I have a great pair of prescription sunglasses that are an old and mild enough to accommodate both my new and old eyes for now. It was fun to see what's out there just the same.
The first day I came home and crawled into bed to sleep off the sedative I'd been given. I woke up about an hour later to find my left eye could see nothing but plain gray, no shapes, no shadows, no nothing. Eek! Five minutes of panic. Back to the doctor. Apparently the problem was 1) a thick coating of jell from the surgery combined with 2) glaucoma-like pressure in my left eye. I don't have glaucoma. So they flushed the eye of the jell and spent half an hour applying and reapplying glaucoma drops to bring the pressure down. It worked. My doc set me up to come in early Saturday for a re-check. Still good, but I didn't so well on the eye test, apparently my eye is healing more slowly than expected. I go back in tomorrow. Each day, almost each hour it has gotten a little better. It's much better than my unimproved right eye. No more double images. My left eye can read without glasses and I can drive. There is still a little blur in there.
I am telling you all this because my friends, and sister, all had instantaneous good vision in their eyes right after surgery. Most people seem to but not all. So if and when you have cataract surgery and if the world is still blurry don't freak out like I did. Just get yourself back into the MD. The same friends and sister had the other eye done right away. Mine was scheduled for next Friday and I am rescheduling to after Thanksgiving. I can't manage two mending eyes at the same time and the doctor will be gone all Thanksgiving week. It will just be better for my peace of mind.





8 Comments:
I would schedule the second op for the date after Thanksgiving, also. Love the cool cat.
We are all different. There always seem to be lots of miracle, and horror stories, though most of us fall somewhere in the middle, I think.
Good to hear you are coming along nicely and have rescheduled the second one til after Thanksgiving.
But you posted!! You posted!! At least you have a good attitude as you slowly heal.
Sounds like it's working out good if slower. I have heard the same thing-- mixed results immediately. In the end though, it's all good
Hope all goes well with the surgery on your eye. I've had one done, the other isn't to the point of surgery as yet.
Thank you so much for the update Celia. Good idea to reschedule the second one until after Thanksgiving. Thinking of you!
So glad that you can see well enough to post and that the eye is getting better each day.
I sometimes freak out when I get ocular migraine as all the centre of vision seems to disappear as well as zigzag flashing lights. However, in 20 mins.... everything is back to normal.
Hope that you will be seeing perfectly before too long.
Those sunglasses are enough to freak anyone out!
Maggie x
So sorry that it's healing slowly, but I am pleased you got it done. I will have to have it done too, but I will wait a while.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home