Tomorrow
No, I'm not expecting great sunshine, in fact it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. It's still only 21°. It could be sunny after that. I've dug out my darkest sunglasses for post-cataract surgery tomorrow. Normally I avoid any surgery but this fall's eye exam, it became clear that nothing is clear, and new glasses won't cut it. I'm looking forward to getting this done. The left eye is this week and next week the right. I decided to pony up the extra $$ and get corrective lens that will get rid of my astigmatism and far-sightedness. I may still need reading glasses but the eye guy says probably just those over the counter readers will do it.
I grilled my sister and my friends who have had this done, and all of them were happy with the results. Some of them were really seeing colors again for the first time in years as well as being able to drive at night again. The ones who got the corrective lenses were very happy with the results. They are expensive, an extra $900 each in our part of the world. Still, I love to read, I sketch, am signed up for another watercolor class, and I used to make jewelry and take photos until I couldn't see what I was doing. I can't drive on the highway at night, at dusk or in many kinds of weather. I love driving almost anywhere. The better lenses will mean a better life for me, I'm thankful I can manage it.
My sweet daughter-in-law is providing transport, it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow but it's flat as a pancake here in town and the hospital close by. And Saturday I'm going out fishing with my son. Me and my eye patch ;-)


7 Comments:
I had this done last fall, and the first thing I noticed after eye #1 was the difference between my eyes. Definitely removes the yellow cast. I no longer need the lenses for mid-vision. Thus I can work on my computer without glasses for the first time in years.
Still need glasses to see in the distance and a slight corrective for near vision, although I can read okay without them. Nevertheless, I have the heavy eyelid issue, so in the evening my eyes grow weary, when the lids droop. Will need corrective surgery for that problem eventually.
Good luck to you.
Everyone i know who had this done has been very happy with it. It would be nice not to have to wear contacts. The last exam I had though, I still didn't have cataracts. For a few it takes awhile to have it heal but others are on the go right away. Good luck with it.
This is awesome! I'm so excited you are getting to have this done. Will keep you in my prayers for success. I'm a voracious reader and love to drive as well, getting away with just readers for now but the day is coming...
I raise a glass of restorative drink to your successful surgery and your avoidance of the bright snow light for a while. What a miracle to see colors as we did when younger.
Thanks for all your good wishes. I'm excited to get on with it. I'll have a check-up midweek next week and if need be the second eye can be rescheduled to post-Thanksgiving.
Best of luck with the surgery, Celia!! I hope it goes smoothly and wonderfully! I look forward to hearing how it went. Have a super weekend :)
This is very exciting and wonderful stuff. I'm very excited for you. I know the new world will be a wonderful place in glorious color again.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home