My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Our weather seems to have been ordered for the "Twilight Zone."  Freezing fog thick enough to dull the buildings across the street. If I drive to the edge of town will I find my town has been moved to another planet?  Still, I can see the bright red ribbons the condo board has put up on the lamps along the walks here.  The neighbors have lights with giant Christmas balls lining the entry to their patio.  Net lights are on trees.


I got the cataract removed from my other eye Friday and am amazed and pleased that I can read and play on the computer sans glasses.  My new eye is still light sensitive so the fog is actually a bonus, gentle on the altered eye.  I took a little drive and noticed that in spite of the density of the fog quite a few drivers do not turn their lights on.  I guess they must think if they can see us, the rest of them must be able to see them.


Getting ready for Christmas. We decided the Christmas menu, and stuff is ordered.  I ordered gifts for my Oregon sisters and their families that hasn't shown up yet.  Last year I got everyone books that were wrapped and sent directly to them.  This year I took a different path.  Did theme gifts for each family but maybe I should have started earlier.  Oh well.  They don't seem to mind if gifts keep coming after the fact.  No little kids there anymore to disappoint.


The first grandchild/niece to go away to college has returned for Christmas. She gets a three week break.  She flew home from Virginia to Portland, Oregon. This will be her only visit until summer break.  She had one paper that needed to be completed and emailed in (what a change from my college years in the dark ages) and is right now sleeping off the trip and the late night paper.  We are all excited to see her, I hope we don't wear her out trying to hug her and talking her ears off.  Next year two more go, and on and on, out into the world.  Lots to think about at Christmas.



4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Kay said...

My granddaughters are like yours...one goes off, then another, then the last one graduates from high school this year. #1 will be getting married in May. Where does the time go?

December 15, 2014 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Sounds delightful.

December 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely when the grandchildren come to visit. Enjoy your time with them.

December 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

So wonderful that you get time with grands. I dearly miss getting to spend time with mine.

Have a Blessed Christmas!

December 19, 2014 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home