My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Softly Falling


It's supposed to snow tonight, maybe. And to get really cold for us again. Down as low as 6 degrees by Tuesday night.  Many inches at Ski Bluewood.  Nice for the the school break skiiers.

Recovering from Flu A.  And yes, I got a flu shot in September. Spent five days in isolation in the hospital including Christmas Eve.  Thank God for family and a loving kind staff.  I'm home tottering around and opened my Christmas Gifts.  All wonderful.  Sweet smelling little lavender pillows, new jammies, framed photos of faces I love.  So glad to be home.

My new favorite poem.  Author unknown.

I wish I was a glow worm
A glow worm’s never glum
Cuz how can you be sad or mad
When the suns shines out your bum.


9 Comments:

Blogger Linda Kay said...

I've heard many comments about catching the flu even after a flu shot. HOpe I got the right one. The picture is so pretty.

December 29, 2014 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

What a great uplifting poem. Yep, that flu shot doesn't prevent all versions of the flu. I now get the (double dose) shot which they give to elders and while I can still get a cold and chest infection, I have not had the flu in a looong time.

December 29, 2014 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I have read that the flu shot this year may be less effective with the most virulent flu :(. I have not had a flu shot in probably 40 years because I had such bad reactions to them-- again and again with it getting worse. I have had the flu once in that time. But I am religious about washing my hands and not touching mouth or eyes when out in stores. It's not a foolproof way to avoid but it cuts the risks. There is, of course, no way to avoid it once it comes into the house-- which happened to me that one case. I just hold my breath through this season... well, not really ;)

December 29, 2014 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha you are a glow worm. Glad you are better.

December 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

I like your glowing poem! Glad to hear you are home and on the mend.
I haven't gott'n the flu shot, every single one of my friends who have gotten it, have gotten the flu.

December 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

Get well soon- flu is never any fun and it's worrisome to be that sick. Happy 2015 may it be healthier and even happier! Cheers!

December 29, 2014 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Oh,my, I am so sorry. Thanks so much for taking time in your shakyness to leave me a note. You bet I am so pleased that you are home getting better. I send hugs from here.

December 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I love that photo--while I love the water, I also love the open fields and the mountains... Nice poem.

January 1, 2015 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Did I give you a thank you for all the gifts you have shared with us this last year. May you enjoy health and happiness in the coming year.

January 1, 2015 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home