Solstice - the light returns
It makes my heart glad that the days are now getting longer. Sure its still cold, dark, and I am stuck at home with the flu but I like to remind myself that the world keeps turning and the light keeps coming back, and not far off is the spring.
Hope you have a lighter heart on this lighter day today. I will. Flu and asthma suck. Today my fever is gone, I woke feeling I was going to recover and not cough myself into oblivion after all. I have a day gentle day of gift wrapping planned. Thankfully I got my out of town gifts mailed before the plague hit me. This morning I'm cooking a veggie fritata. Yesterday's breakfast was Pepperidge Farm's Milanos and lots of coffee. I ate the whole bag.
Today, I'll slurp my hot tea and watch "The Avengers" on Netflix, it goes away tomorrow, I love Tom Hiddleston and his hammy Loki. I finished up Marco Polo yesterday, it was okay. The last 5 stories were better than the first five. It was beautiful visually but the plot lines left much to be desired. Probably best watched while ill and lacking good judgement. I finished knitting a scarf. Watched "Inspector Morse." Years ago when I was sick with the flu I recorded and watched a whole weekend's marathon of the "Red Dwarf" on PBS.


3 Comments:
Hope you are feeling better....love the picture!
I am somewhat regretting my new subscription to Netflix...kind of like selecting stuff from the candy store and looking for healthy things.
I too love the Solstice, a great feeling to have beaten back the dark. Now comes winter.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home