My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Too windy for a kite!

Big winds again today.  Maybe gusting as high as 60 mph. Windy yesterday too but the temperature got to 68° in places, in December, after a week of around 23° day and night. 


Visited my favorite grocery with a huge bulk section.  Came home with bags of beans, red beans, white beans, lentils, yum.  I'm making multi-bean lentil soup today.  Soaked the beans last night and they are ready to go.  I cook up lots of them and freeze the extra in zip lock bags for future use.  Lots of material for more soup, bean burritos, and bean dip. Yum.


Tomorrow I get the cataract in my right eye removed.  I had the left one done about a month ago.  Even with one new lens I can now read without glasses.  I am excited to be able to see well again.  The cataracts seemingly snuck up on me until my regular eye doctor said new glasses were not going to help. 


The eye surgeon is a vegetarian and he sends all his patients home with a basket of fruit, banana, Japanese pear, avocado and a little book called a vegetarian starter kit if you are interested.  And I am.  I doubt I will ever be a true vegetarian but veggies and fruit are my favorite foods so why not learn some new recipes.  Especially since I can now read them easily.


Youngest son came by and resuscitated my PC.  It had some kind of malware and adware bugs. Hooray for him.  He suggested new account passwords but I had already done that on another computer just in case.  I had a password protected user for myself with admin functions and a separate one for grandkids.  He removed the admin functions to a new user for admin only that will keep me from downloading any ugly stuff by mistake.  Nice to have my PC back.



4 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Hope you didn't get too much of that wind. Some areas sure got hit. Our daughter's home had a fir tree go down that hit their fence but fortunately not their home or the neighbor's. Big winds are things I don't like at all.

And good on the cataract surgery. It's what I've heard recently from all those who have had it.

December 12, 2014 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

We have had high winds as well and lots of blessed rain.
The wind I could have done without but we really needed the rain.
Wonderful that you are seeing without glasses. Have a standing agreement with the computer guru here to cleanup dad's computer...lol

December 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading about the weather hitting the west coast. It travels here after a few days. I thought high winds were reserved for March?

December 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

We were luckier than most of the west coast, minor flooding, trees down, some power outages but relatively minor.

December 13, 2014 at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home