Yum
Tuesday is family dinner night, the oldies but goodies, the young kids and the in-betweeners in their 40's gather to have dinner, yak, celebrate birthdays and the like. It's a potluck with a loose rotation of dishes, meat, starch, dessert and so on. It's my night for the main dish. Last night I cooked up the meat for a pork sweet potato stew. Then I grocery shopped for the corn and other ingredients.
It's a birthday celebration for Ella's 3rd birthday, She's the newest adopted grandkid. She came at 2 days old from the hospital into foster care at youngest son's house. It took nearly three years. There are two more lined up behind her ready to be eternally attached to us as soon as the paperwork is done. The last two are little boys 3 and 4. Youngest son's newest fishing partners.
Isabel stayed last night. She and I will make cookies today, do homework (like pulling teeth) and for shopping for a birthday gift and Christmas gifts for the toddlers. I am a little behind. Happy New Year everyone.


6 Comments:
Love that you do this, it is a good thing, for you and them. A blessed New Year to you and yours!
Celia, have not heard of sweet potato stew, but it looks like the best comfort food!
You can always share the recipe for the stew? Seriously, happy new year to you and yours.
Looks scrumptious and sweet potatoes are so good for you too!
This stew looks DELICIOUS, Celia!!! WOW :)
and Happy NewYear to you! I have been quite remiss about visiting you...no excuses...good to read your blog again! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home