Took a little drive outside town this week. This winter has reminded me a lot of Seattle, little snow, lots of rain, but lately no rain either. Below is what's left of the last snowfall in the foothills. No doubt the mild weather, in the 50's here will be paid for with no water in the summer. The only brief freeze we had killed off the hydrangeas in front of my condo building. I've proposed to the board they be replaced with drought resistant plants, some of the tall grasses perhaps. There are many lovely varieties and they require little water and little in the way of maintenance.
No Snow
Interesting to see how many farms have their own series of power poles up to the place. Sometimes more than one home on the long route, just not this one though. My cell phone works out here so they must have service too.
Power to the farm people.
Lonesome little rain cloud.
Fine crop of grass growing on this temple of hay.
13 Comments:
We don't have nearly the snow pack we need. Good idea to plant low maintenance friendly plants, maybe even dual purpose: edible and decorative.
Nice photos. Good color. I like it east of the Cascades
Brighid - I wonder if there is a drought resistant blueberry, mmm?
Thanks Rain. Haven't been out with my camera for ages.
We have to look for drought resistant plants in Texas, and they do really well. Cactus make lovely gardens with the right combination of varieties. Great photos, and am fascinated with the grass growing on the bales.
That great hay shot makes me miss summer all of a sudden :)
I do enjoy winter but I cannot wait to have daylight till the evenings so I can go outside.
Have a wonderful weekend, Celia :)
I LOVE that shot of the solitary cloud. Very poetic. I hope you have a great weekend, Celia! :)
Celia, There are indeed: http://www.greenspirationhome.com/try-blueberries-for-an-effortlessly-edible-landscape-plant/
Wonderful photos for the winter weary like me. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you BJ, I'm looking them up as I write. ;-)
Beautiful photos. I like the hay one best.
I like the photo of the hay steps!
We live in completely different surroundings!
Maggie x
Lovely series of photos. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home