Visitors
Taking a break from vacuuming up my dust bunny collection. My sister Pam and her hubbie are arriving tomorrow to visit me. A little company coming can do wonders for the condition of one's home. There is an dreadful amount of my hair stuck in the vacuum brushes. More hair than d-bunnies. My bathroom looks amazing; I don't think I will let anyone in there. Good thing they are staying in a hotel. Ha, ha. I did unload several more bags of household goods and clothing. I can see the floors in my closets.
Pam's hubbie retired January 2 and this trip is their first official out of town vacation. I am so happy they are coming here. They are great people to be around. They used to travel a lot but his job began to be too demanding of his time, and Pam, a big critter rescuer, ended up at one time with eight geriatric cats. And a rabbit. All rescues. The critters have all passed on and the two of them decided to make a run for it.
None of my sisters have seen where I live since I sold the house over a year ago and moved. I wish I had all the boxes unpacked but I don't. I was surprised to see that I had so much stuff on built-in shelves in the old house and now that stuff is homeless. And my living room is more cluttered than usual with my recently retrieved art supplies, brushes, paints, and new but only a half-way installed printer. The printer is wireless but part of the installation process requires being able to push a button on the printer and push another on my router at the same time. I set the printer up in another room so unless I turn into Plastic-man I will have to temporarily re-install it near the router, or hard-wire it like the old one. So far all I've done is swear and move it to the table with my art materials. Well, bedroom and the bathroom look nice!
I wasn't going to watch the Super Bowl but I ended up streaming it on my PC anyway. Ouch. Didn't think I cared but I was born and mostly raised in Seattle and it turns out I did care. My favorite ad was the Nissan ad built around Harry Chapin's music. Made me cry. Did you have a favorite?
Pam's hubbie retired January 2 and this trip is their first official out of town vacation. I am so happy they are coming here. They are great people to be around. They used to travel a lot but his job began to be too demanding of his time, and Pam, a big critter rescuer, ended up at one time with eight geriatric cats. And a rabbit. All rescues. The critters have all passed on and the two of them decided to make a run for it.
None of my sisters have seen where I live since I sold the house over a year ago and moved. I wish I had all the boxes unpacked but I don't. I was surprised to see that I had so much stuff on built-in shelves in the old house and now that stuff is homeless. And my living room is more cluttered than usual with my recently retrieved art supplies, brushes, paints, and new but only a half-way installed printer. The printer is wireless but part of the installation process requires being able to push a button on the printer and push another on my router at the same time. I set the printer up in another room so unless I turn into Plastic-man I will have to temporarily re-install it near the router, or hard-wire it like the old one. So far all I've done is swear and move it to the table with my art materials. Well, bedroom and the bathroom look nice!
I wasn't going to watch the Super Bowl but I ended up streaming it on my PC anyway. Ouch. Didn't think I cared but I was born and mostly raised in Seattle and it turns out I did care. My favorite ad was the Nissan ad built around Harry Chapin's music. Made me cry. Did you have a favorite?

7 Comments:
Celia, I'm fixing up the place for a visit from old friends as well today. Good stimulant! I love the Budweiser commercials with the big horses and the puppy.
I hope you ended up having a good visit with Pam and her husband! Yes the ending to the Super Bowl was painful for all of us who were hoping that Seattle would win. My favorite commercial was the one with Katie Couric and Bryan Gumbel.
We don't watch football here, so no, I don't have a favorite commercial.
I was chainsawing the jungle during the super bowl so didn't watch it...
Same here - every time I know I get visitors the house becomes much cleaner than before ;) I hope you had an amazing time with your sister and her husband! I wish I could have seen the Super Bowl here! :)
Thank you so much for your sweet and kind comment! :)
Have an amazing weekend!
Beate
Visitors are always a blessing. You clean your house, finish moving, plan meals....and clean that bathroom. Are you still happy that you moved? Superbowl: I read but glanced at the commercials. I did like the Clydesdales and the puppy.
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me notes on my last project.
Hope the visit went well and that they didn't *mess up* your beautifully cleaned home!
Wish I could get enthusiastic about sport. The Olympics (athletics) are more appealing to me!
Maggie x
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home