Fall creeps in...
Again this morning my laptop with its recently downloaded M/S10 refused to download photos of any kind to my blog. This photo was loaded by copying and pasting manually. It won't let me make it bigger. I am not happy. It keeps insisting I want to use Cortana "Your personal Assistant." I do not. I removed it from my start-up menu, sometimes it complains anyway.
These are two of my granddaughters, Natty and Mya. I think they were five or so then. They are giving their attention to a frog they found in front of the campground potty. They named it Potty Frog of course. Now they are 14 now and newly minted high school freshmen.
Been home too much lately so I signed up to volunteer at the Fort Walla Walla Museum. I told them I want to drive the golf carts around. I also hope to work in the store. Then I signed up for a writing class. I think I used to write better than I do now. Having others to critique material is a good thing for me. And I'm going on two day-long tours. They are both something I could do on my own but...I find between friends moving and expiring my pool of local friends has shrunk almost to nothing. One of the trips is steam train trip organized by a woman I know and like. I love me some train rides of any kind. One of my dream trips would be to take a train trip across Canada. The hard part is getting someone to go with me.
Up until this week we've had much cooler weather with a couple of days of steady rain. That tamped down the three nearby wildfires. The 75,000 acre Grizzly Complex fire is 44% contained and got two inches of snow one night. Poor firefighters going from hotter than hades to freezing at night. I am so grateful to them. We can't see the smoke any longer but they are still up there.
A final note: I got my flu shot. I like to get it done early in hopes it will actually work and will kick in before the flu season begins. Last year's, as I'm sure you all know, was a big zero.

8 Comments:
You are smart in that it is so easy to stay home and ignore the need for company. I hope if I become the one that outlives my husband, I have the courage to get out and about.
if you can- get out of windows ten and go back to what you had before.
Thanks for the flu shot reminder! Cheers!
Sounds like you have some interesting plans ahead. Enriching activities. Good going.
Enjoyed your post.....and reminded me that I do need to also get the flu shot! My W 10 is working fine.
It's wonderful to see you here. The experts tell me that W 10 is just W 7 revisited. I'm avoiding it. Hugs to you.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thanks Kathe, I did dredge up an older configuration of IE that is letting me do more. I also got a message from Blogger saying it did not work well with IE. :-0
I don't want any problems we don't already have. I'm waiting to get flu shots until after David's surgery. Happy a few drops of rain and snow have fallen out your way. We're stuck in a high pressure area and the weather is beautiful here, although we have a partial drought.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home