Happy Thanksgiving
As a little kid in the mid-40's I read all the magazines my Grandma Grace subscribed to, the Saturday Evening Post, Colliers, etc. It was the age of illustration and serialized novels, especially westerns but I digress. In Norman Rockwell's art I remember some of my childhood. I was surprised to see how many Thanksgiving pieces he did. This is just a small selection. The first one is my favorite. How we love our children. There are quite a few more. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you all.





7 Comments:
Oh, that black and red one is very early. The dinner table is one of his last. That's a good collection. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Happy thanksgiving, Celia! I love that first photo, kp duty :)
I went through them all just the other day, and they do bring good memories of Thanksgivings past. Missing my much beloved mother in law, she was the rock of so many wonderful Thanksgivings.
I hope yours was a blessed day!
These are very familiar. I too read my Nana's magazines. Thanks for the memory bubble.
I love Norman Rockwell's illustrations! Hope your day was a delicious day with family! Big big hugs!
Sweet illustrations of what seems like a simpler time or does it just seem that way?
Mom and Dad subscribed to Colliers and the Saturday Evening Post, and I read just about everything in both. I remembered the dinner scene, but not the others. Thanks for the memories. And happy holidays!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home