Waiting for spring
It was a pleasant weekend. Warm, some rain, some sun, The kind of weather that makes me want to lie on my back in the grass but it's still way too wet. It renders me useless for intermittently. I did get the smallest (4 & 5) grandkids out to play. The Fort Walla Walla Museum has a great playset for small children. This where they spent the most time. There's picnic tables and we had a snack. The museum has large grounds, exhibit buildings on the upper level and a lower level with historical buildings arranged in a village. Those are closed until May or so. One big advantage is the whole place is completely fenced so any young ones that escape the grandma can't get away. Plus I volunteer here from time to time so at least some of the staff know to whom they belong. A mom showed up with her two little kids so the grands had new playmates for awhile and we chatted.
The littles loved it and then they surprised me by wanting to tour the various buildings to see what was going on. The 33 mule team was their favorite. There were full size horse replicas here too.
Damp and flirting with us Spring is on the way!
The littles loved it and then they surprised me by wanting to tour the various buildings to see what was going on. The 33 mule team was their favorite. There were full size horse replicas here too.
Then back to the playset.





5 Comments:
My grand children, and perhaps many, get so much stimulation and see so much and I frequently feel that I am just filling their time with my little projects. They are now growing an soon grandma visits will end as their lives become more busy. It is as it should be and I am prepared (as much as I can be.)
Tabor - that is so true. I think these are the last youngest ones. The older ones have moved into their own lives and some moving/moved far away for school. One of these two little ones will start school in the fall.
What a successful day all around. :)
Love that mule team. reminds me of borax and the TV's Old Ranger's 'Death Valley Days.' Fun times with kids. My grandchildren are grown up or on the West coast.
schmidley - that's what those mules reminded me of too, mining not farming :-) I still have borax in my laundry supplies.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home