My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Time Passes



It just dawned on me today that I am a septuagenarian.  Have been for a few years. It sounds really old to me. At least I have some time until I am an octogenarian, I hope. You never know. And I am sort of in shock hearing the Purple One has died.  Prince was/is one of my favorites even though I am old enough to be his mother.  Some of my favorite fun times happened with his music playing in the background. He was also a favorite of my now in-their-forties sons.  I had tapes of his music that the kids walked off with, more than once until I quit replacing them.  Dearly beloved We are gathered here today . I'm sad.

These two grand-girls have turned 15. We used to call them the twins. It's the fair haired one's 15th birthday today and the dark haired one turned 15 a month ago. One referees sports events for younger kids and the other is a student medical assistant at high school games. They are both freshman. They are both hard workers. Both shy, one sings and is in the choir, the other won't sing but does her own version of stand-up comedy, loudly. They were attached at the hip and shared a room until they were about 8 and became not-friends.  They have only started speaking civilly to each other this year. I think it might be because they are old enough to have their own friends and their own vision of what their lives might be. Oh, and it can't hurt that no one calls them the twins anymore. They both have boy friends. OMG!




And so it begins...



5 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I think seeing the young ones becoming adults is what most gets me with my own aging. How can that be! And this year, my daughter will be 50. lol

April 22, 2016 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautiful and very dear to think about...life in ages and stages. And so very sad when anyone leaves too soon. Did you know that purple was the very first dye color created? I wore nothing that didn't have some shade if purple in it for three years. One of them was when I was not yet 20 and two of them when I was much, much older. When I saw the photo of the rainbow over Paisley Park after Prince's passing, I knew it was more of his magic :-)

April 23, 2016 at 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls. Pretty scary when the songers your kids age begin to die. Sad too. What beautiful granddaughters and a wonderful photo of them too.

April 23, 2016 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I miss you when you aren't here.
So sorry they weren't friends for so many years. They are truly beautiful kids. Yes, my kids love the purple one too. For some reason, G and I are not great fans. Still any death like that of a public figure, is a great loss.

April 25, 2016 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Such beautiful granddaughters! Mine are only five and three yet.

April 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home