Food, sun and a birthday
Monday was my youngest son's birthday. A grand 42 years old. We celebrated by going to the First Monday Food truck event in front of the wine, beer, distillery incubator near the Walla Walla airport. The grounds there used to be part of Fort Walla Walla during the WW2. It's owned by the port now and some interesting enterprises have sprouted up. There are still barracks, closed up tight, and bunkers here. The streets are all named one letter A, B, C's intersecting with cross streets named for airplane companies, Boeing, Piper, Lockheed and so on.
Got a delicious gyro for dinner. Lots of great food to try. And of course there are the libations. It was about 80° and being me I wore my straw hat, sunnies, and a boat load of sun screen. Next time we go we will bring our folding chairs and locate under the shade of those lovely trees.
We sat at tables conveniently located pretty much right in the middle of all offerings. Below are the buildings housing start-up wineries, Burwood Brewery and the Shot in the Dark distillery where son some of his birthday money. He took home two quarts of fancy moonshine.
Beautiful evening it was and youngest son's wife and brother joined us. The music was good and being a small town we saw quite a few of our friends and neighbors. One of my grandgirl's was serving up BBQ chicken at theBBQ on wheels of a friend of ours.
I kept thinking summer is coming, summer is coming. So the next night we had wind, rain, hail, and lightening! What's up with that? And how did my "baby" get to be 42. And my oldest grandgirl is pushing BBQ chicken for college money this fall. All and all it's been good and still is though. Can hardly wait for the first Monday in June.
Got a delicious gyro for dinner. Lots of great food to try. And of course there are the libations. It was about 80° and being me I wore my straw hat, sunnies, and a boat load of sun screen. Next time we go we will bring our folding chairs and locate under the shade of those lovely trees.
We sat at tables conveniently located pretty much right in the middle of all offerings. Below are the buildings housing start-up wineries, Burwood Brewery and the Shot in the Dark distillery where son some of his birthday money. He took home two quarts of fancy moonshine.
Beautiful evening it was and youngest son's wife and brother joined us. The music was good and being a small town we saw quite a few of our friends and neighbors. One of my grandgirl's was serving up BBQ chicken at theBBQ on wheels of a friend of ours.
I kept thinking summer is coming, summer is coming. So the next night we had wind, rain, hail, and lightening! What's up with that? And how did my "baby" get to be 42. And my oldest grandgirl is pushing BBQ chicken for college money this fall. All and all it's been good and still is though. Can hardly wait for the first Monday in June.



6 Comments:
It sounds like a lovely birthday celebration. Different from anything people do here in eastern Canada.
I love the glimpse into your life in Aussie, Celia. I hope you don't get any more of that weird weather, but I am so glad that we are the ones coming in to summer soon. It's been a long winter here.
Sounds like a fun experience and nice to share it with family. My daughter will be 50 this year. I am trying to figure out how that happened lol
It was fun and Marie I live in the SE in corner in Washington State in the US. Love to try Australia though :-)
The Walla Walla threw me off. I should have looked it up. Hope you have a great summer too.
There is a Walla Walla in New South Wales, Australia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walla_Walla,_New_South_Wales
I think that time just dares us to believe its race ahead. But as long as we are having fun....!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home