Fall is my favorite time of year. The leaves here are just beginning to turn except for a few small maples that are bright red. I was going to get out and walk with my camera and my little grandgirl Sunday but the "light" rains turned into a monsoon. Half an inch in very little time. We needed it. We rented a movie instead. Later I wondered why I didn't take some pictures in the rain. I give up easily.
My eldest was born in October. He'll be 45 soon. He did not get the job he hoped for and is kind of bummed but has several other applications in the works. It's worrisome though.
My grandgirl Julia just turned 17. The person who got this cake is a lover of thick frosting. Not being a frosting fan at all saved me from gobbling cake. My fellow grandmother Sally who loves frosting scraped the frosting off my chunk and graciously ate it herself thereby saving my diet. Julia had hoped for jewelry and makeup for her birthday. She was taken to Macy's foo foo counter and was Clinique'd and Estee Lauder'd in abundance.
My eldest was born in October. He'll be 45 soon. He did not get the job he hoped for and is kind of bummed but has several other applications in the works. It's worrisome though.
My grandgirl Julia just turned 17. The person who got this cake is a lover of thick frosting. Not being a frosting fan at all saved me from gobbling cake. My fellow grandmother Sally who loves frosting scraped the frosting off my chunk and graciously ate it herself thereby saving my diet. Julia had hoped for jewelry and makeup for her birthday. She was taken to Macy's foo foo counter and was Clinique'd and Estee Lauder'd in abundance.
She huffs and she puffs and she blew them all out.
Then she unwrapped her gifts of many nice things. Happy Birthday sweet girl whose birthday is 9/11 and reminds us that some good things happened on that day.
In spite of birthday cake I've lost 4.5 pounds in the last four weeks. It's harder than I thought. I've made it to the gym three days a week and am up to l8 minutes on the recumbent bike. Since I could only do 5 minutes when I got there this is a big improvement. The old airways have loosened up under some exercise. Feels like progress most days.



6 Comments:
That is progress, Celia! Keep at it. Well done thus far. You know what to do now!
I am glad you are rewarded by weight loss. I took a month of careful eating and intensive exercise and did not lose a pound! I almost cried. I still exercise but not as often and not as enthusiastically and at least have only gained a pound this year.
Good for you on the recoumbent bike. I need to do that too. Birthdays, lots of them Lots of babies this time of year. Telles us what we were doing last winter, doesn't it? Hard to watch an older kid search for a job. perhaps things will improve from here on out?
Oh yes. Total spud last winter. And the job hunt is hard to watch, being in your mid-forties puts you in that "older" employee category.
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Exercise and food changes, slow going but steady so far.
I've been to the gym every day lately....but Tuesday. I lolled in bed with a good mystery Tuesday. LOL Sprinkles here. Lots of humidity. Hope you ate the cake tho sans frosting. I too love frosting.
Congrats on sticking with the exercise weight loss thing. I don't seem to loose any weight.
My yoga & circuit training instructor has got me using the fascia blaster and it is helping smooth out the bumps and lumps. I need to be more diligent though.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home