Now what old girl
I've been hacking and coughing for weeks but last week some secondary respiratory infection showed up and really did me in. I have COPD and my lungs very cranky anyway. I didn't think I was going to make it to Urgent Care but I did and I stayed out of the hospital. The kids are picking up my meds and getting my groceries. I can't stop coughing long enough to drive. I've been dining on Safeway deli soup, apples, and coffee. Now I'm out. Not coffee though, never coffee. This has been a really crappy 10 days and I am really crabby. No, I'm not happy about the election. When I saw Leon Russell had died I just sat down and cried. I'm not normally a weeper even when I should be. Too much.
All of my sisters live in or around Portland, Oregon and have just witnessed the fifth night of rioting downtown. The first night one headed downtown for a play and certainly did not make it there. They just barely got turned around and headed for home again. At one point several main roads were closed including I-5 and I-84. You can live without seeing a play but God help you if you needed to get to a hospital.
Aunt Helen, our sole surviving elder in our Walla Walla family died at 92 on Tuesday. Now the oldest person in this local branch is me. In the rest of my family in Western Washington there is just my Dad's youngest sister and her husband both in their 90's. I feel like I'd like to drive right over there and visit them but I can't drive to the grocery store right now and I am a plague carrier to boot. Guess I will just call for now. The next oldest in that bunch is, well, me again. Hopefully in a few more days I should feel like my "old" self. Blessings to you my friends.
All of my sisters live in or around Portland, Oregon and have just witnessed the fifth night of rioting downtown. The first night one headed downtown for a play and certainly did not make it there. They just barely got turned around and headed for home again. At one point several main roads were closed including I-5 and I-84. You can live without seeing a play but God help you if you needed to get to a hospital.
Aunt Helen, our sole surviving elder in our Walla Walla family died at 92 on Tuesday. Now the oldest person in this local branch is me. In the rest of my family in Western Washington there is just my Dad's youngest sister and her husband both in their 90's. I feel like I'd like to drive right over there and visit them but I can't drive to the grocery store right now and I am a plague carrier to boot. Guess I will just call for now. The next oldest in that bunch is, well, me again. Hopefully in a few more days I should feel like my "old" self. Blessings to you my friends.


14 Comments:
Feel better soon, Celia!
You don't have a grocery store that delivers? When I was in Tucson once, by myself, with Paul up here, I got sick. We learned our local grocery store delivers with no charge. I gave him and extra $10 anyway to pass onto someone else. You might look into that possibility.
Hope you feel better soon. Coughing like that is the worst
Hang in there dear. We are all with you. It is a tough week and then getting sick on top of that is horrible. Drink fluids and find a place to sit in the sun or under a sun lamp. Soo sorry.
I kind of feel like much of these protests have a few rioters who didn't really show up for the message, just for the chaos.
Just like Occupy Wall Street, great message didn't really pick up after it attracted droves of people who seem like they were homeless.
Rain: turn out we do have a grocery that delivers and I can do my ordering online. Don't even have to talk. Thanks for your thoughts.
Adam: I agree. It appears that some of those arrested are not local persons. The people who shot someone last night were caught and are known gang members.
Thank you Tabor. Good advice. I am eating my chicken noodle soup and watching "Love Actually." Makes me feel good, humor and unreality and Bill Nighy's old rocker character is hysterical. Happy endings.
Thank you Marie. Love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful countryside.
Hello Celia. You came over to my blog to wish me well, when in fact you are the one that could use the rest and the healing more than me, I believe. Take care, Jenn
As a COPD guy for some 10 years now, I appreciate what you went through with the coughing spell. With consistent use of two inhalers daily and installing a humidifier in my bedroom I've cut down the coughing jags considerably. Started using the humidifier for another reason, but that seemed to help my COPD a lot .Hope you are recovering well.
Thanks Dick for the humidifier suggestion. Falls here and its very dry inside when the heat is on.
Sorry to hear about your being under the weather, and of course the loss of the aunt. It is difficult for Dad to breath at night, and we run the humidifier for him, it seems to help a great deal. I have a little humidifier for my bedroom as well, but it is more for the essential oils so I can sleep when I can't leave the window open.
Hope you are doing better very soon.
I am so sorry to read that your COPD got a hold of your cold. Often I'm laid low by what ever bug going by so I feel for you. Von's and Safeway deliver...that might help. If you can't brerathe, life is no fun at all. Even a little breath helps. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Love the cartoon. There are a few I'd like to moon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home