I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
After all this snow maybe we'll get a shiny bright white Christmas out of it. I'd like that.
School is cancelled in Walla Walla today and yesterday so Christmas break has started here. The schools in Portland, same thing. My teacher sister is home there playing catch up with her Christmas plans. Her daughter Sophie is arriving (we hope) Saturday from school in Fort Collins, Co. Shortly after her boy friend will come. Another niece, Miranda, got to spend 3 hours on the tarmac at Dulles airport before they could take off. Freezing fog. Her boy friend is visiting too. First they go far away to school and then they return with "friends." Slowly they are returning home, but swiftly their lives are changing.
Got out to the Post Office Tuesday and mailed away gifts to my Oregon relatives. People in line were so happy to be out of their houses they were all smiling and chatty. I did my banking, bought a few extra groceries and picked up some stuff at BiMart for a neighbor. It was sunny and bright and fun to be out and about.
Still have five grandkids here to buy for. If I can't find what I want they will get a Christmas card with money in it. So I suppose really I'm done. Although I think I can get out tomorrow and swoop up a couple of things for the five year olds. The other three are teens and I suspect, they would rather have $ anyway.
My sons are picking me up to go see "Rogue One" tonight. I took them to the first Star Wars in 1977 when Chris was 6 and Dave was 4. I'm delighted they still take me along. We like a lot of the same movies.
Yesterday I made a big beef stew and did several loads of wash. Generally tried make home habitable. Today I'm baking cheese muffins to go with the stew. All the goodies I ordered for my big kids gifts showed up in one big delivery yesterday so today I am wrapping those. If I ask pretty please I think Dave will take them home with him after the movie tonight and I won't have to haul them over Christmas morning.
School is cancelled in Walla Walla today and yesterday so Christmas break has started here. The schools in Portland, same thing. My teacher sister is home there playing catch up with her Christmas plans. Her daughter Sophie is arriving (we hope) Saturday from school in Fort Collins, Co. Shortly after her boy friend will come. Another niece, Miranda, got to spend 3 hours on the tarmac at Dulles airport before they could take off. Freezing fog. Her boy friend is visiting too. First they go far away to school and then they return with "friends." Slowly they are returning home, but swiftly their lives are changing.
Got out to the Post Office Tuesday and mailed away gifts to my Oregon relatives. People in line were so happy to be out of their houses they were all smiling and chatty. I did my banking, bought a few extra groceries and picked up some stuff at BiMart for a neighbor. It was sunny and bright and fun to be out and about.
Still have five grandkids here to buy for. If I can't find what I want they will get a Christmas card with money in it. So I suppose really I'm done. Although I think I can get out tomorrow and swoop up a couple of things for the five year olds. The other three are teens and I suspect, they would rather have $ anyway.
My sons are picking me up to go see "Rogue One" tonight. I took them to the first Star Wars in 1977 when Chris was 6 and Dave was 4. I'm delighted they still take me along. We like a lot of the same movies.
Yesterday I made a big beef stew and did several loads of wash. Generally tried make home habitable. Today I'm baking cheese muffins to go with the stew. All the goodies I ordered for my big kids gifts showed up in one big delivery yesterday so today I am wrapping those. If I ask pretty please I think Dave will take them home with him after the movie tonight and I won't have to haul them over Christmas morning.
This is the street in front of my son's house today.
Out my backdoor.
Dave won't need a cooler for fish in his drift boat today.
Stay warm and dry. Merry Christmas.




10 Comments:
We had much less snow, of course. It's bitter cold but the snow is slowly going into the ground. There is talk that we might get some Christmas but that would be rare for us. White Christmases that I remember I could count on one hand.
The snow and cold have settled in here already this year.
Getting the shopping done is a huge deal I think. Good luck.
I have been watching the news and you are getting snow big time. Some is due our way today,but it will not make its way down as far as I am. Glad, as I am not looking forward to snow at all. I will be alone out here in the woods after Christmas for 10 days and I am hoping I will not be all locked in. Neighbors on both sides are down in Florida.
Thats' a lot of snow
What a beautiful winter wonderland!! I want to be there :)
Have a Merry Christmas :)
Trying to nurse my tooth until January 4, 2017. Two weeks to go. I would enjoy the beef stew. I bet it melts in your mouth. We had an ice storm here. Far worse than snow and very dangerous too. All the bird feeders had icicles.
Your place looks like Montreal! We usually have lots of snow. Not so much yet, but I gather it's unusual for you.
Love your pics, especially your header.
Boy, you got a lot done! I give the older grands gift cards or money and some little things in a gift bag. The little ones of course get presents, mostly games this year.
Have a wonderful Christmas. Stay safe, warm, and happy!
Hugs
Oh...... all that snow does look beautiful when undisturbed.
I don't think there's likelihood of snow here for Christmas according to the weather forecast. That will suit me fine as I don't like to walk on slippery pavements!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your grandchildren (I hope).
Maggie x
That looks mighty pretty, but cold. We seldom get snow here, and then it doesn't stay long. Always enjoy a day in the snow, and coming home to hot drinks and a warm house.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Hi Celia! You came over to visit my blog, and now I'm here at yours. You certainly got a bunch of snow! We had a lot, but it has rained and so much of it is gone. I'm sure it will be replaced soon. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. -Jenn
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home