My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

2017

Happy belated New Year!  I spent New Year's Eve with Isabel, my 10 year old grandgirl.  We stayed up until midnight. The first time in years for me.  The neighborhood was lit with fireworks. We watched from the windows, baby it's cold outside. It was a balmy 4° when I got up this morning. On the plus side it's dry and except for the side streets, the pavement in town in bare and dry.

Today is grandgirl Ella's 5th birthday. She and her brother will be over this afternoon and tonight is a dinner and gifts at her house. She asked for spicy green chili for dinner and that's what's she's getting. Surprised me. She's holding her Christmas purse that has a tutu skirt. I got her Legos. I bought a lot of Legos this year. Star Wars Legos. Pet house Legos. Boxes of 1000 mixed Legos. There's lots of kids in my son's house and even the teens play with the Legos.

Merry Christmas Ella


Here's Isabel waiting for the coffee to be done New Year's Day. Our family are all early and devoted coffee drinkers. She takes her's with a lot of milk and a scoop of hot chocolate mix.

We also got a surprise Christmas gift at my son Dave's house, yet another child, an 8 year old boy. He was supposed to be here for respite care while his foster family was holiday traveling. They aren't coming back. So now he's ours.  They have 9 kids 5 to 18. Three home grown, 6 foster then adopted. Our oldest Alandra is in college and moved into an apartment with a friend so her bedroom is empty, was empty. The next oldest Julia is in line for the prized single room. Welcome to the family.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Wow on the big family. It's great that they enjoy it though-- and it helps to be younger, I think :)

January 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

What a wonderful post. Congratulations of the new grandchild. There are many good people in the world, including your family, Celia.

January 5, 2017 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Rain - it does help to be younger. The day after the kids and I are together I'm quite likely to read a lot and maybe nap.

Thanks Marie, I had two children and I am amazed at the family my youngest and his wife have built.

January 5, 2017 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I never had legos when I was young

January 5, 2017 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

First of all, how nice to see you writing here. You cheer me with your holidays and happiness. How wonderful your son is. I hope those kids know they have fallen into heaven.

Have a wonderful new year. I so hope you write more this year. I miss you when you don't.

January 8, 2017 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happiness is getting a room of one's own.

January 14, 2017 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

OK, it's January 22 now, and I miss you.

January 22, 2017 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home