My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Home Alone

Yes, it snowed again last night. Not a lot, about a soggy inch. Looking at the long last two months this is an improvement. It should warm up today and probably rain so it should go away.



Last week my back went into a spasm for no reason I can tell. Thankfully I had my phone in my pocket because I couldn't get off the floor. One of the downsides of living alone. My lovely daughter-in-law Heather came and managed to get me into her car and take me to Urgent Care. Bottles of muscle relaxants and pain pills got me semi-mobile but left me in a total fog. Eldest son Chris came and stayed with me the first night. He was very entertaining, I think, I remember laughing not much else.  Grandgirl Natty came over and cleaned, and visited the next day. The end of the fourth day I could finally get in the shower, omg, grandgirl standing by just in case.  I took the pain meds just one day, they made me really stupid. By yesterday I was no longer foggy brained and could drive again.  That was my week or what I can remember of it.


Four of the Grandgirls!

Chris and I are going to go see a film this afternoon.  Haven't picked one for certain yet but it's nice of him to get me out of the house.  We used to have three theaters here but eventually two closed and then the third was remodeled into a 12 screen thing.  They tend to cater to children and the 15-25 young man crowd. Add the fact that three or more films are shown in 2D and 3D there really a fewer offerings.  "Hidden Figures" is playing. And the "Lego Batman Movie."

Now I am going to go drink coffee and read the newspaper.  Peace and love to you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

Glad you back has healed. Nothing can slow you down like a back that has tightened into pain. You are lucky to have so many relatives nearby.

February 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Back problems cause misery.

Your grandgirls are grown up! You are so fortunate to have such wonderful young women in your life.

February 26, 2017 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

I am very lucky in my family and a speedy recovery.

February 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I actually hear Lego Batman was really good. The Lego movie awhile back was pretty good. I really want to see Logan and Beauty and the Beast in early March

February 26, 2017 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

what a hell of a week. hope you saw hidden. i'm so sorry about your back. me...have two usable fingers today.

March 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

Good that you have family close to help out! I sure hope that your back is treating you more kindly.

March 1, 2017 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home