My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Still icy and white outside.  It should start melting midday if the weather man is correct.  Yesterday I baked some apple crisp and banana bread for the grandkids but the slickery roads kept them home.  This afternoon, post melt, I'm going over to visit and deliver the baked goodies before I eat them all up. I had two servings of apple crisp for dinner last night.

Drivers here are still sliding into each other and slipping off the road, often on their side. Watched some fellow weave in and out passing others only to end up doing doughnuts until he ran into a pile of snow.  No one hurt or even dented.  Someone has an alert guardian angel. Whether it is him or us watching I cannot say.

It is beautiful though.  This is a plaza at a main intersection in our downtown.  In the summer musicians play here in the evenings.

Photo Sandi Roddick

5 Comments:

Blogger Brig said...

Be extra careful.
Having never lived where I had to deal with icey/snowy roads, I'm not sure how well I would do under those circumstances.
Your photo is beautiful!

February 4, 2017 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Brig..this is unusual for us. Maybe a week or two of snow and deep freeze mid-February with a day of snow here and there. I bet you could do it but it's nicer not too. :-)

February 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Stay safe! Great photo, so pretty.

February 4, 2017 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

We've had colder weather this week than previous weeks

February 5, 2017 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Oh, cold but wonderful. I would have eaten thirds, and G loves that stuff. :)

February 6, 2017 at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home