My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Strange week. Both good and not so much. 

Monday I went to the volunteer recruitment/welcome back for all volunteers at Fort Walla Walla Museum. I signed up for lobby duty and gift store help. I like to talk to visitors more than I like typing and sorting, although I will help with that if needed. Turns out they need someone in "acquisitions" who is familiar with data management. That would be me but I really want to see people and be in the daylight most of the time, not an office. I had a great time though.


Pioneer Village summer. Photo: Fort Walla Walla Museum.


Museum front door waiting for spring. Photo: Fort Walla Walla Museum

Something is awry with one of my back molars. Saw my dentist who took an x-rays and referred me to a fancier dentist who does surgery. He thinks a root canal is failing and is infected. I was surprised they didn't give me antibiotics. However my lovely Heather who is a hygienist for my dentist says all is going as it should and the referral is to an excellent office. Expensive but there isn't much choice here other than having the tooth pulled which I didn't want.  I just got my van repaired when the cruise control died on me.  It's older but has got only 66,000 miles on it and I'm hoping it will last, uh, forever. Last year I replaced some innards that have a spec life of about 60,000 and I'm just not into shopping up a newer car.

It's been both a fun and stressful week. I'll be in the store at the museum this morning and then pick up my two 5-year-old grandkids for the afternoon. Busy day.  Had wild and crazy dreams last night. Among other things I dreamed I was at some kind of outdoor fair in Canada. With the extra expenses that may be the only kind of vacation I have this year. Or maybe meeting and greeting out of town and out of country visitors this year will be my vacation.  You just never know.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

The volunteer work sounds great. Good luck with the tooth and the vehicle. Enjoy you time with the little sweeties.

March 24, 2017 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

You're going to have a grand time at the museum. I really miss my job...I'll have to come up and be one of your visitors this year after I find out where you are.

March 24, 2017 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I don't think I've been to that museum but have the Whitman site. I'll be sure and check out the fort whenever I get back there. It was interesting on the Whitmans in the Ken Burns: the West documentary. A different perspective.

March 25, 2017 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I love museums and that volunteers that keep the doors open for us all. Such an important role.

March 26, 2017 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Rain, if you ever make up this way please let me know. I'd love to see you.

March 29, 2017 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Thanks, I am enjoying the museum already tho' I've just spent two afternoons there. I spent some time with another volunteer who is a walking history book. His family and his wife's have been in the area since the 1850's. Me, I'm a recent transplant, 18 years so far.

March 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home