A Welcome Visitor
My sister Susan arrived by lunch time Wednesday. It's been so long since we've seen each other it was quite emotional even though we stay in touch almost daily by text and other such e-devices. She's our youngest, by 20 years for me, sister.
Thursday was an odd day because I was scheduled for a repair of a failed and infected root canal. I left at 7:30am crossing my fingers it would go well and it did. Two hours of my life disappeared into a fog of oxygen and nitrous and then it was done. No pain, except to my budget, no muss, no fuss. My COPD sluggish lungs were delighted with the extra oxygen and the rest of the day I breathed better and had more energy than I have for weeks. Susan and I talked and talked, went to see a movie, "Life," a syfy thriller, and then out to dinner with my son Chris.
Friday we went for a walk at Bennington Lake and surprisingly the buckets of rain had stopped and the sun was out. Everything was shiny.
Bennington Lake looking west. My header looks east.
On my breather I spied a tree the beavers have been chewing on. It looks like they made it nearly half way through. They have a lodge up here. I hope to make it farther around the lake one of these days and see it.
All that fresh air and we didn't want to cook so out to dinner again. Then we talked and ate chocolate and binge watched "Grace and Frankie." I won't spoil anything but I can tell you some of the last episodes had me crying. Too close to home. We talked about our grandmothers who Susan barely knew.
Saturday morning we went out to breakfast and then Susan left for Portland. When I got up this morning my home sweet home seems awfully empty.



7 Comments:
What a treasure to have a sister like that and be able to spend several days with her. I hope they have you on something that has your COPD retreating. BTW, what a nice new picture.
Mage: She is a treasure. I started on some new meds a few weeks ago they seem to work better but then they are stronger. I don't like them but I do like breathing so I try not to whine. Thanks about the picture. Time for the recent edition I guess.
How neat that you have a sister and you get along :)
Rain: We do get along, very much in tune and a lot alike in many ways.
What a lovely visit with your sister! How wonderful. Celia.
Sounds like a full and happy schedule with your sis!
What an interesting place you live in.
Have you turned off and restarted your browser? I had no trouble at all. Worst case scenario, turn off your computer and start all over again. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home