Not Again
I had some thoughts to put down for today but I'm finding the news, especially about North Korea, so disturbing that my thoughts are not organized. Right after that I ran across Albert Einstein's quote "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Add to that another tale of tRump's self-centered cluelessness. "We are sending an Armada".
I sure some of you spent some time hiding under your desks in grade school like I did. Most of my schools through high school had air raid sirens on them. Being a child with a huge imagination I had dreams where all my family had been vaporized by some bomb. I'd come home and tell my Dad what we did for a drill and he, being a pragmatist among other things, he would say "stop, drop, and kiss your ass goodbye." Then he also wondered why I had nightmares. He was a good guy otherwise, he claimed he dreamed in written words and numbers, while mine were full color, like movies complete with background music. Except the bomb ones, full color, utter silence.
Dangerous times with a fool and his knaves in charge.
I sure some of you spent some time hiding under your desks in grade school like I did. Most of my schools through high school had air raid sirens on them. Being a child with a huge imagination I had dreams where all my family had been vaporized by some bomb. I'd come home and tell my Dad what we did for a drill and he, being a pragmatist among other things, he would say "stop, drop, and kiss your ass goodbye." Then he also wondered why I had nightmares. He was a good guy otherwise, he claimed he dreamed in written words and numbers, while mine were full color, like movies complete with background music. Except the bomb ones, full color, utter silence.
Dangerous times with a fool and his knaves in charge.

6 Comments:
No armada. They always do a military exercise with the South Koreans but media played with the wording etc. My big concern is North Korea having a leader who talks about preemptive strikes on the US. It's not like they can send a missile here from there but what about from one of their fleet of submarines... The big hope, as I see it, is Trump getting China interested in putting pressure on North Korea's possibly mentally ill leader. Russia also moved troops down to their border with North Korea with concern (China did same thing) that any attack could lead to massive immigration that they don't want...
I hear you, Celia!
Rain: yes, that was in the article, it's the whole idea that Trump would say what he did when the Vinson was 3,500 miles south of the Korean peninsula, was he lying or did he just not know and was making up an answer? He displays no good sense.
I keep hoping on a steady response from China. They are watching these two crazy leaders pissing contest and they know it is all wrong. We cannot do much about it now.
That's so frightening. I never let school stop and drops bother me, but this "fleet" really bother's me. He is the worlds biggest fool.
I'm with you, Celia 💚💙💚
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home