Spring
It is raining hard again. Seems to be like this on both the east side and the west side of the Cascades.
The Blue Mountain Lavender Farm is going to be open this Sunday for the first time this year. They are having a plant sale and I'm going shopping. There are some miniature lavenders that would fit perfectly in the bare soil in front of my patio. I planted them at my old house and they fare very well through the blistering Augusts and freezing winter days. And they smell good. Next I'll go shopping for some annuals. Wet as it is it's not very cold anymore. I turned the furnace off.
Photos: Blue Mountain Lavender Farm
Photo: Celia A. Sister Susan at the Lavender Farm July 3, 2016. Hope to see her again this year for the 4th and maybe at a wedding.





6 Comments:
I will messenger my daughter about this. How lovely it looks. You will enjoy the smell too.
I can't imagine a lavender far, Celia. Wow. It must smell lovely!
We have a lavendar farm a few hours away and I always think of going and then spring gets in the way. The people in that first photo certainly add the perspective that is needed.
We have had daily changeable weather here this spring, sun shining on one side of the house, hailing on the other, etc.
There are lavender farms around here, but they don't sell plants. The nurseries that do don't have much selection.
I like some lavenders, others not so much.
Enjoy!
I have lavender plants but always want more along with rosemary.
Our weather has had plenty of rain with it also. This morning, with a sunny day promised, it is foggy. Sheep shearing comes later.
I remember how it doesn't really get to be spring in the Northwest until the middle of May! Nice to read about your doings. Probably won't make it over there to visit my children and grandchildren until August, if I'm well enough.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home