Gatherings
Lots of company coming. My eldest grandgirl Alandra is getting married Sunday evening. It starts at 6PM so the heat will drift off and the evening should be lovely. It's being held outdoors on a vacation rental farm, boots and jeans are the costume de jour. Usual garb for most of the attendees. Except for the bride and her beautiful dress.
A nephew and his daughter are coming staying in his trailer. It has A/C, they'll need it. Makes me miss my house when I had room for everyone. My sister Susan and her Sophie are staying with me. Because we all usually spend July 4th together I get to have their company for longer than usual. There's a July 4th fish fry at my youngest son's house. Then we go park our chairs at the edge of a wheat field and across the street from the airport. We are up high enough that you can see our fireworks and the fireworks from Milton-Freewater in Oregon at the same time.
I am cleaning, kitchen and bathroom first. My condo looks like what it is, small, crammed with art, art supplies, two tables to work on and comfy furniture. It is not house beautiful except to me. It's usually clean and usually cluttered. There are lots of toys and games and they are not all for the grandkids. And books. And my favorite films. So its mostly dusting and vacuuming, a dust bunny about to become a real bunny was under the bed; then the usual, and clean sheets. I actually vacuumed the danged drapes. Yes, I deserve a medal or a weekend at the funny farm. Oh, wait, my family will be here, same thing as the funny farm.
I am so excited to see relatives and shirt tail relations I haven't seen for a long time AND for a wedding and not a funeral. Wahoo!


6 Comments:
A great reason to celebrate, Celia. Enjoy!
Sounds like a fun time ahead :)
This is so much fun to read about. I hope your family will let you take pix to put on your blog. My family is reticent about letting me do that, probably because I do discuss politics. I can put some things on Facebook, just for friends. That granddaughter looks like you. ( :
How wonderful it all sounds. There may not be enough room for all of them in your condo, but your heart holds them nicely.
Have fun!
Oh, this is wonderful. You will have so much fun. Lots of pictures please...with notes telling us who is who. You are going to have so much fun.
A wedding! How lovely! Enjoy your family and July 4th.
Hugs
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home