Gratitude
I'm finding I need a little attitude adjustment this week. I am working on being grateful. I have much for which to be thankful. These little grandchild squirts for instance. And their multitude of siblings.
And then of course there are my sisters. I think this is from the 70's, maybe. Nancy, Susan, Pam and I. In spite of our adventures and mistakes we are all still here. I think all of our guardians angels must have taken to drinking a long time ago.
And while it may seem simplistic I am grateful I have a home. I have running water, I have A/C (it's going to be 95+ today). Lots of people don't. People in our town. I have medical insurance. I have two great sons, and a daughter-in-law I am close to and love dearly.
On a lighter note I have lots of shoes. I had too many purses but the grandgirls liked them so that has been resolved.
I have shelves of books and the library is only three blocks away. We still have two brick and mortar book stores here, plus the bookstores of three colleges here. My doctor is 7 blocks away. A blessing of a large-ish small town.
Hope your day goes well and you have some fun.
Prayers up for Ronni Bennett Time Goes By post surgery for pancreatic cancer. Love and hugs too.




5 Comments:
Wonderful post. You do live the life of the blessed and lucky. And, since you notice this, you deserve it.
Gratitude is wonderful. It helps us appreciate our lives.
You are well and truly blessed.
Boy it is sure hot there. I'm so sorry. We here are 77 today but it felt far hotter at the fair yesterday. Yes, you have so much to be grateful for. Sometimes in the morning when I can't move, I have trouble finding my gratitude. I know you do too on those days you can't find your breath anywhere. I sure do admire you and enjoy your blog. Hugs.
Important to do this once in awhile-- remember the good stuff
Nice to learn more about you and your family. Yes, gratitude is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home