My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, June 17, 2017




It's a lovely day here.  I keep thinking I should be outside enjoying it before the heat returns, probably tomorrow.  I'm having an inert day. Since I didn't want to leave home I decided to tackle the bathroom fan which is not really working right now. The little motor sounds like it wants to run I suspect it's plugged with dust glued on with shower steam or something like that. Our town is dust central which is why I own two of those tower air cleaners.

So be it. I did do a lot of phone visiting today though. Long chat with my youngest sister who has just finished the school year as a second grade teacher.  She was a fourth grade teacher for many years and by changing schools finally got back to second grade as her heart desired.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

She loves it, really. She and her daughter are coming to visit so we were nailing down dates and planning our mischief and touring. We've decided to be pretend tourists and go to all those places and things that I don't because I live so close and I forget about it.

Image result for Palouse falls

Palouse Falls is one of those places although I have been here several times. It kind of gives me the willies looking over the fence.

Photo of Tamastslikt Cultural Institute - Pendleton, OR, United States. Tule Mat Lodge in "The Way We Were" gallery in Tamastslikt

Tamástslikt Cultural Institute near Pendleton. It's a well-curated museum. They have a village set up outside now that I haven't seen and the inside is changes on a regular basis. 

We have also planned a picnic up in the Blue Mountains near here hopefully at Jubilee Lake. A little hiking, cameras and good food. Crossing my fingers nothing catches on fire this year. Depending on how long they stay there's the Athena (Oregon) Caledonian Games. Bagpipes, sheepdog trials and a Ceilidh. Good fun for the kids and us too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It sounds like you have great plans. Family visits are always such fun.

June 17, 2017 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

Sounds like great plans. I've never been to those falls; so next time in the area, i'll put it on a list. I loved that cultural center, so much there and when we were there some traveling art exhibits.

June 18, 2017 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Sounds wonderful. What beautiful scenery you have near you. I so hope you have the energy and breath to get there. I'll sit and watch. LOL

June 21, 2017 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

The whole thing sounds very informative and great fun, especially the Athena (Oregon) Caledonian Games. Take lots of pics of your travels, oh, and have fun, too!

June 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Hattie said...

So much to see in this world. Those falls intrigue me. I like museums, but being out in nature is always my favorite form of recreation.

June 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home