My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Blueberry Season

My first stop on my grocery route is at the edge of town at Klickers, Berries and Antiques. Buying blueberries. I get them by the flat and freeze the extras myself in small me size freezer bags. Meanwhile I am eating blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, and just blueberries. If I'm not careful I bring home something I didn't intend to, something in the old wooden furniture line. Made it out with just blueberries and some nectarines. This is also where I get my tree at Christmas and Halloween pumpkins.

I made it to three grocery stores (easy peasy in a city as small as ours) and home by 9:30am and it was already 85°. The Pacific Northwest is in for some hot, hot weather so I did some meal planning and am all set for salads, blueberries on everything and a veggie soup I have on the range. Home, home on the range.
Image result for klickers walla walla wa

Last week I tried this recipe off of the Smitten Kitchen blog.  Blueberry Bread and Butter Pudding.  Delicious although not exactly diet food. This is one of those things I make when the grandkids are coming over for rest assured I could eat it all if left too long alone with it. I love French toast and blueberries, and butter.

Just saw the "Mooch" got dumped from his new job. Fired or reassigned? Who knows, the ship of fools sails on.


5 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

I cannot keep up with the "smooth running machine" on the hill as 7 of his selected folks have been run out already and he hasn't even been there most of a year. I do like blueberries, but wish I could find some baking recipes without all the calories. We did get a pint or so from our bushes this year. Looks like we finally got the soil right and will have more next year!

July 31, 2017 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Love blueberries. Ours aren't ripe yet though!

July 31, 2017 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

That's it. What nice dramatic changes will he offer us next.
Love your food thinking. I bought fish yesterday, and now I have to cook it.I'm not a fish chef.

August 1, 2017 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blueberry season in the San Joaquin Valley is done by the end of June. Like you, I put some in the freezer. I've also got blackberries and strawberries in the freezer for the days ahead.

August 2, 2017 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

Fresh blueberries are a treat. It gets too hot here to grow them well. Occasionally they show up at the local farmers market, so I get them there.

August 7, 2017 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home